any notation in samp8?

Guest pavlo

Guest pavlo

Does anyone know whether or not notation capabilities, as found in the latest product by Magix (music studio deluxe 2005 for $79.99), are going to be implemented in the upcoming version of samp8. I quickly went through the description of the latest version and it seems to me that it's basically Samplitude watered down a bit, however it seems to include instruments, sounds, score editing and layout printing, etc... This has always been a factor that limits the scope of Samplitude's potential. Any thoughts?

Pavlo

Montreal, CA

Guest RusticRaf

Hi,

The notation that you saw in Magix Music Studio is part of the Logic side of the program. Since there is no trace of Logic in Samplitude7, notation will be absent.

I don't know about Sam v8. I haven't seen any mention of it in the available press release.

But it would be a bit strange if the $79 program ends up offering more for composition then the full blown top of the line Formula 1.

But maybe that's what it is: You use Formula 1 for your audio racing and get on the $79 bus if you need to use notation - and ride to hell for using Logic . ;);)

Guest bambi2004

Music Studio has a very good value for money. It includes a stripped down Logic and Samplitude versions. From all I´ve seen so far, V8 will not include any notation features, but a lot more midi. Drum editor, glue, overdub recording and more.