Grid bar

Guest jupiter

Guest jupiter

From what i can see on the sequoia pic's they still haven't fixed the gridbar.

Instead of simply e.g. 8 It's still 08:00:00 .This is really stupid and slows down the workflow enormously.You completely lose the overview on big projects and it's a pain in the eye.I think magix should work more together with songwriters and composers so things like this stupid gridbar wouldn't happen.

Just have a look at logic or nuendo.It's very easy to arrange big projects with many many objects cause of the nice project overview in all zoom variations.

Guest Guest

I don´t think Sequoia is targeted for composers and songwriters. It´s for audio mixing, high-end editing and mastering and the needs of the broadcast industry. If you are a Sequoia user adress your wish in the Sequoia forum. The developers are very oncoming and maybe will build you such a grid view.

Guest jupiter

So if sequoia is only for audioediting and highend mastering ,why have they implented a synth ,a drumeditor and vsti ?

Btw.Samplitude and Sequoia are exactely the same progs.exept some special high end features.

The project window is definetely the same and so the gridbar. ;)

Guest Guest

Wow, they will get a new customer with a simple display change. But why not use a sequencer program, like your examples, for your midi work and Samplitude for audio and mastering?

Guest jupiter
Wow, they will get a new customer with a simple display change. But why not use a sequencer program, like your examples, for your midi work and Samplitude for audio and mastering?

Well it's much faster when you can do all your work in one Application,i think. ;) Btw.why are you against a nice Gridbar.What is your problem with that?

Guest HansNoruff

Hm, it seems also very unlikely to me, the grid bar is the only reason, keeping you away from buying and using Samplitude.

If you really think, this is your program of choice, such an issue should not stop you from buying. If yes, buy it and try to motivate the developers in the support forum. They have also an open ear for useful improvements.

Hans

Guest Norman

Your wish will come true. The grid bar in V8 can also show fat bar numbers in the timeline. You can see it on a screenshot (#3) here: http://samplitude-sequoia1.magix.net/

The beats will be displayed with non-fat numbers (:1, :2, :3, :4 ...) between the bars on a lower zoom level.

You are welcome, to buy the program, when it comes out next month.

regards

Norman