Samplitude and external devices

Guest Ivo

I am still demoing Samplitude before the final decision and apart from other details I cannot figure out one very essential thing for me - how to connect Lexicon reverb to it. I have connected Lexicon send and return to separate Lynx I/O (LS-AES) and it works without a problem in Nuendo. But in Samplitude I cannot find a real "send" where I could assign an output, only aux. Could you please tell how exactly I would let Lexicon working ?

Thanks.

Another question: would CM Motormix work with Samplitude ? (it works perfectly with PT and Nuendo). It is however not listed in Samplitude hardware controller list. There is an option to "teach" the controler , but it does not work well in case of Motormix.

Two last minor questions:

1) I am a bit irritated by the default windows behaviour mode (like when an open plugin window does not allow you to do other things (play, stop, shift cursor etc.) in the project window, unless you close the plugin window. Any way how to overcome it ?

2) how to create a mono track ? There seems to be no so such an option - just " add a new track", which is automatically stereo, if the other are stereo too ...

Thanks. I am however a bit disappointed that I get almost no replies to basic questions in this (very little frequented) forum. I am not buying a new software every day, so I naturally would like to know whether it works well in the areas which are important to me. There is no Samplitude manual available as pdf, so there is no source to find it on my own. I thought that this is the point of this forum.

Anyway, after much trying I found how to connect the Lexicon..Apart from Aux I have to create an extra track just for monitoring the Lexicon return (well, comparing to Nuendo and ProTools it is an extra step). The real problem is that during mixdown this reverb is NOT recorded (unlike ProTools) and even the TapeIt plugin does not record it (unlike Nuendo). Does this really mean that I have to RECORD the reverb as an audio track before mixdown ? It would be terribly incovenient for me and would probably prevent me from going for Samplitude. Any way how to include the external reverb directly in the mixdown ?

Guest Guest

Is your tapeit plugin in the return track? Is it a normal Samplitude track, no bus or aux? Should work with FX monitoring, of course not in a mixdown situation, because Samplitude renders all files with a higher speed, than the playback speed (=1). This is the same in other software programs, they can´t bounce or mixdown faster than playback speed and include an external device, wich must be getting the signal and sending audio back during the process. You have to record it first, but I don´t think, the demo has all necessary features for a longer test (record time and monitoring limitations).

I put TapeIt on Master fader and also tried to make "mix in file " in real time. The mystery is, that although I heard the reverb when mixing down, it was NOT there in the result ...

IVo,

I think the non-modal behaviour of some Samplitude windows has been sorted in the latest version, the yet to be released V.8.

Regarding external reverb. I don't know which Lexicon model you have, however the realtime room simulator with convolution would be more than sufficient to retire the Lex for good. That's what happened to my MPX500 after starting to use SIR. But if you have one of the top models then I'm not sure.

Guest patsplat

This may help you- if you haven't done this already...open samplitude demo>close samp. start wizard>press F1>click ok on box that pops up>then press F1 again...and samplitude online help should appear.