If we buy v7 now, what happens when v8 is released

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I talked to a dealer who said that:

"if you were to purchase the full Samplitude 7 Professional, you would

qualify for a free upgrade to version 8. "

That makes sense for the full version, but can Magix provide info on the upgrade price for those of us who are wanting to upgrade from v6 to v7 right now? Will v8 be discounted for us? Will we have continued v7 forum access?

I'm sure there are many on this board who would gladly upgrade now if these issues weren't so clouded.

Guest Guest

Price list on www.samplitude.com:

Upgrade prices for Samplitude Producer 2496 6.0 owners

V7 Studio: 199,- Euro

V7 Pro: 250,- Euro

V7 - V8 will be surely the same, so the best deal seems Sam for Rent. All updates free, so don´t worry about an upcoming V8 or V9.

International v8 release is scheduled after three months after the german release in july - means september or later (read the posting somewhere above in this forum).

Guest patsplat

That sounds great...Can anyone else confirm this..?? ...Norman..??

Guest B-rock

I wanna know too...

What's the scoop? Norman probably will have to wait for the marketing guys to get their shit together before he can answer. They probably won't know until the official announcement hits the page on Samp 8's release....

Guest patsplat

That sounds great...Can anyone else confirm this..?? ...Norman..??

bump... ;) anyone..??

Guest Guest

patsplat,

When they start anouncing V8, You'll get the correct info. "Usually", there is like,...a 3 month grace period in most software purchases. We'll all just have to wait and see.

Mike

Guest thejimfactor

Here's the story from my dealer via synthax:

If you buy the full version of v7 Pro, you're within the grace period. For all of us who are upgrading to 7 right now from 6, there will not be free upgrades to 8.

Guest patsplat
If money is a problem, there is the Sam for Rent thing: All updates in two years inclusive.

Otherwise:

250,- for v8,

250,- for v9

Ok...thanx for the reply everyone...I was going to get the full version w/ some mics from my dealer(on payments)...but I have Audio studio 7 dlx. that comes w/ an offer to upgrade to Samp.7 pro. for $699.I think I'll just save up till the end on the month and do that.(If i don't change my mind again ;) ). Sam for rent looks like a really cool option,but probably not the best choice for me because I like to get things bought and paid for as soon as possible...$250 seems affordable enough to upgrade to v8 when I'm ready,and the cost of the 2 upgrades works out to about $50 less than the full version of v7... :P

Guest patsplat
If money is a problem, there is the Sam for Rent thing: All updates in two years inclusive.

Otherwise:

250,- for v8,

250,- for v9

...$250 seems affordable enough to upgrade to v8 when I'm ready,and the cost of the 2 upgrades works out to about $50 less than the full version of v7... ;)

oops....250 "Euro's"...that works out to $307.5 USD(Yahoo currency converter)....Oh well,still cheaper in the short run...(I feel my mind starting to change again...lol)...not that $50+ really matters one way or the other,but I thought I'd correct myself.

Ok...thanx for the reply everyone...I was going to get the full version w/ some mics from my dealer(on payments)...but I have Audio studio 7 dlx. that comes w/ an offer to upgrade to Samp.7 pro. for $699.I think I'll just save up till the end on the month and do that

If you're in the US, you don't have to shell out $699. Go to http://www.jdsound.com/store/product1.asp?...Product_ID=3367 You can get 7.x for $449. Save yourself $200.

Guest patsplat
If you're in the US, you don't have to shell out $699.  Go to http://www.jdsound.com/store/product1.asp?...Product_ID=3367  You can get 7.x for $449.  Save yourself $200.

Yeah...I seen that the other day...that is a good deal,but I don't have a competitors CD to qualify for that....

If you do not have a Competitors CD, the upgrade price will be $250.00.
...It winds up being the same $699

...I did find "almost" as good of deal,buying v6 studio for $99 from audiomidi.com,and next I will buy the upgrade to v7 pro. for $399(synthax,JDsound,audiomidi=same price).Thanx for the suggestion though. ;)

Guest Guest
Yeah...I seen that the other day...that is a good deal,but I don't have a competitors CD to qualify for that....

I think, they only want to see a site of the manual, a package or something like that. You can keep your original software.

Guest patsplat
I think, they only want to see a site of the manual, a package or something like that. You can keep your original software.

Here's the same deal/different company,but with a bit more info. about it... http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/produc...ct.cfm?pid=4455 In any case, I've already went the other route buying v6 studio & the v7 pro. upgrade for only $49 more...but yeah...that crossgrade is a very good deal for anyone wanting to pick up v7 for cheap.(if you qualify)