Problem Installing Plugins

Guest Guest_Tekker

Guest Guest_Tekker

I'm having a problem installing some Voxengo Plugins since I've upgraded to windows XP... I posted my quesiton on the Voxengo support forum and he said to come post here, since it could be a Samp thing. I have a possible idea that might be causing the conflict (but it's only a guess), because I was using the 6.05 patch and now I'm back to 6.0 and I don't have the 6.05 patch downloaded... So does anyone know where I can get it? They don't seem to have anything available on the Samplitude site anymore for version 6.0. :P

Also, here's my post I did on the Voxengo site, so if anyone can take a look at it and see if you can come up with ideas to help figure out the problem, I would really appriciate it! ;)

http://www.voxengo.com/phorum/read.php?f=13&i=46&t=46

Here's another thread I posted before when I had problems upgrading (which I mentioned in that post) and I don't know if these problems are related in some way... So I'll post it just incase.

http://www.voxengo.com/phorum/read.php?f=13&i=34&t=34

Thanks,

-tkr

Guest Guest_Tekker

Ok, I found my patch for 6.05 (I had it in a different folder than the 6.04 patch)... But it still won't install the plugins... ;)

-tkr

Guest Guest_Stephen

Sam 6 does not support VST plugins, you need the wrapper from the CD. Gave the wrapper the plugin folder location and the plugins should appear in the directX plugin list.

Guest Guest_Tekker

Ok, another weird problem... I've tried uninstaling/reinstalling the plugins a few times, but now it only shows up in the VST Adaptor program and it won't show it up in Samplitude's plugin list. :P

I can't figure out why this isn't working... I've installed these plugins before and they worked fine, but for some reason it's not working now! ;)

-tkr

Guest Guest_Tekker
Try to copy only the dll's in to the Vst folder without any subfolder.It worked for me.

The only problem with that is, I have used these plugins a lot on some of the songs I'm currently working on... And if I change the folder, then it won't recognize the plugins and add them back into my previous projects. So I would have to go back and redo everything! :P

I've made sure to put everything back into the exact same folder locations that they were in prior to the installation of XP, but now it just won't work period! So somehow I need to figure out why it Samplitude isn't seeing the plugins, even though the VST adaptor says it's there, and the fact that they worked perfectly before from the exact folders that they are currently in.

I'm really stumped on this one and even the creater or the Voxengo plugs said he didn't know how to help with this problem.... ;)

-tkr

Guest Guest_Tekker

I finally figured it out and the plugin is now back in my projects with all the correct settings! I had to uninstall the folder that the plugin was in from the list of plugins in the VST adaptor so that it would be "officially" removed from Samplitude, then when I added the folder back in, the plugin was back in Samplitude. =) After the first time it didn't work (when I had the duplicate dll file on my other hard drive) I just kept running the VST adaptor without removing that folder and adding it back it, because I thought it would just update the plugins list, since it was still pointing at that folder... But I guess it has to be removed first, otherwise it doesn't want to work!

After months of fighting with this stupid computer during our recording project (one thing after another), I think I finally have everything up and working... Let's just see how long this lasts for! ;)

Thanks for all your help!

-tkr