New here

I am in the market for a sequencer, to be fair i have been considering them all, i have managed to narrow it down to either Nuendo 2 or Cubase SX2, what i`d like to know is has anybody made a switch from either of these to come to Samplitude or Sequoia?

Also if i were to go the Magix route would it be worth holding out till V8?

It`s a fair bit more expensive than either of the steinberg products, and both the Magix products seems to be offering better midi support than before which is good as i will be using a fair amount of VSTi.

Lastly what are the main differences between Seq & Samp, as purely a music producer, i`m a little in the dark as to which would suit better.

Thanks for your patience

Mark

Guest Guest
is has anybody made a switch from either of these to come to Samplitude or Sequoia?

I don´t know, but sometimes the registered user forum seems to be full of happy ex-steinberg users.

Also if i were to go the Magix route would it be worth holding out till V8?

If you need more midi and VSTi, I think yes. A lot improvements announced for v8. Look here for screenshots: http://samplitude-sequoia1.magix.net/ Awesome!

Lastly what are the main differences between Seq & Samp, as purely a music producer, i`m a little in the dark as to which would suit better.

Sequoia has a much better audio editing. Source-Destination cutting, crossfade editor, special audio markers, DDP mastering. Some high end restoration plugins are only available for Sequoia (Renovator, Descratcher ...). But it´s very expensive!

If you doing music with much audio, mastering and midi, I think Samplitude will suit better. If money is not important, go for Sequoia, it´s the best pro audio software on the market.

/Armin

Guest GTBannah

.... Oh man! I'm drooling! ;) I wonder, how much of that is for Samplitude? ....

Me too. I'm just waiting for "the accountant" to approve. :P

My understanding is, that Sequoia has all that Samplitude has, PULSSS

the advanced editing features, the interface for the high end restoration and noise reduction plug-ins.

The tape support aspect may become obsolete soon, however, unless I don't understand that aspect of it.

On another score (pun intended), are any/many people doing video work with Samp/Seq?

How does Video Deluxe stand up to the other software packages out there? Vegas/Premier, and whatever else there is?

What video cards etc are you using?

Guest Guest
How does Video Deluxe stand up to the other software packages out there?

The features are outstanding for the price. The new 2004/2005 version has still some issues, but is really awesome. It also wons every magazin consumer video software test, I´ve seen in the last months. Premiere and Vegas are more or less professional programs, but very expensive, compared to Video Deluxe.