Kraznet

Guest Kraznet

Guest Kraznet

Hi Norman,

Thanks for your reply.I couldn't find the "Play Solo" in the Obect Editor but I found "Play only selected objects " In the Playback/Record menu which does the job.

Kraznet

(Awaiting V8 demo with view to switching from Logic PC)

Guest Kraznet

One thing I've noticed is if I select multiple objects and choose "play selected objects" Playback seems to snap from the beginning of top-most object and objects further down and nearer the beginning of the timeline are ignored. Is this behaviour normal?

Kraznet

Guest Norman
I couldn't find the "Play Solo" in the Obect Editor but I found "Play only selected objects "

This is a button in the lower left corner (CTRL+ALT+P).

One thing I've noticed is if I select multiple objects and choose "play selected objects" Playback seems to snap from the beginning of top-most object and objects further down and nearer the beginning of the timeline are ignored. Is this behaviour normal?

Yes, this is how it works. Was a wish from cut professionals some time ago. Maybe we will optional change it in the future.

regards

Norman

Guest Kraznet

Thanks again Norman ;)

For me its all about focusing workflow on the time line and in Logic there is an button on the Transport . I click on that and any object or objects that i select or rubberband in the arrange window will be added to the solo group .I'm sure I can adapt to your methods as well as there are many things I find attractive about Samplitude and I'm sure there are many features I am totally unaware of. I guess I'm a creature of habit so I look for the things in Samp that I am used to using in Logic.

Regards

Kraznet

Guest Norman

You can build object groups in Samplitude and play them solo with the "only selected object" command. V8 has a new object manager, wich will ease the handling of objects. Maybe we will look into a more special (solo) group behaviour in the future.

regards

Norman

Guest Kraznet

Hi Norman,

I just checked out the "Group Objects" feature this could be very handy for certain things. Thanks for the tip:)

Another thing I discovered is the "Move range one length left/right" I use a similar command in the Logic arrange window and it also works in the hyper/matrix editor which is great for editing drum parts bar by bar (i have it assigned to a key command) but I've noticed with the 7.2 demo you can only use this in the arrange window and not the midi editor. Is this changed in V8?

I appreciate you input very much - it's very encouraging thankyou!

Regards

Kraznet

Guest Norman
but I've noticed with the 7.2 demo you can only use this in the arrange window and not the midi editor. Is this changed in V8?

Not yet. It´s now possible, to link the arranger position to the midi/drum editor view.

regards

Norman