Object editor question -

Guest Guest

I'm using the samp demo and grouped three tracks (select and pick group in menu). When I double clicked and brought up the object editor it affected only the track I clicked on and not the other two even though they were selected because they were grouped.

Can the object editor apply to the objects ina group simultaneously? If not why have grouping? It doesn't help that much.

Samp seems great but there are some quirks like every other pile of code.

;)

Guest Guest_Stephen

The object editor works of course only for the selected object. Otherwise you have to ungroup only to change something in the current object - volume level, pan, aux send, fade in. Thats why the "Apply to all" button was invented. You can decide, wich change should go to the other group members. It´s a much better concept and allows an intelligent workflow.

never mind- I found.

This is what I mean by things that can be improved in samp. I looked up this button in the index and it took a while to find it. With all the buttons on the object editor its not easy to notice plus its greyed out until you change something plus its all the way of to one side. Magix should take a hint from sonar and make up a cleaner layout. Dig?

Guest Guest_guest
Magix should take a hint from sonar and make up a cleaner layout. Dig?

Sonar? Clean? It´s cluttered like hell. Can´t understand, where they get so much buttons for such a small feature set.

Cool,...I got snapped at by an aussie!! never happened to me before!! :P

(unless your british, in which...its' happened a few times) ;)

I meant no disrespect man. Once you "know" where everything is in Samp,...you'll fly thru it. Just a matter of learning.