New Analog Modelling Suite Comp

Guest SampleHans

Guest SampleHans

Got my V8 Pro today. Just let you know the amsuite compressor is the f*****ng best native compressor I´ve seen so far. Anybody know the famous old Blockfish? The guy has done real magic with this new thingie! The new champion of vintage or neutral compression. Maybe I can sell one of my two UADs now. Will check the other things now.

Hans

Guest Kraznet

Sounds cool Hans ;) I use the Blockfish alot myself ...Keep us posted of any other goodies!! How about automation has that been improved? and what about the new drum editor?

Kraznet

Is the AdvDyn compressor still there? I am liking/using it more and more. And ,... I am getting very used to and productive with midi in v7's. (I'm a new and mild midi user)

And now, with v8 around the corner, with AM/suite and the list posted of midi improvements by Norman and sascha, and other new and improved updates, it looks like a perfection of features.

Mike

Mabye it is so good,..and that is why Waves... (I think this is just hearsay)... is stopping supporting Samplitude now?

But, between the RommSim (stereo/multichannel now) and the AM|pulse suite,...i believe it.

Bummer for those who bought Platinum versions I guess. ;)

g

Guest Guest_guest

If you like the Blockfish, you will love the new compressor. It´s like the ferrari of the native compressors. Has two modes: A neutral one and a vintage warmenizer, creating a sound with the biggest balls, you can imagine.

I almost didnt want to advance to v8,...i need the new midi features (i am still beginner with midi) but I am getting used to v7 now. The glue features for midi seem cool,...plus the drum editor. It seems as though they have been slow for midi to make it very similar to editing audio in Samplitude. Which I think is fantastic.

I am using Samps native processing more and more these days. I like the AdvDyn,...although difficult to adjust,...it's a great compressor. I have some Waves compression too,...and they are easy to adjust to get the wanted effect. But I am taking that preset and getting Samps Dyn to be as close as possible to that and then save it for future use. I do this with alot of new DX/vstFX Demo's. Eq,.Dyn, Limiter..etc.

From what your saying, it seems,..mabye V8 will have more than enough variety of fx now to be ride of some 3rd party fx. Then I can use funds for updating Samp rather than a new DX/VST investment.

I mean,...the update price is about much less than alot of decent FX available,...and ...lets see...you get a huge feature set with the update. So,...Anyone wanna buy Some waves V4 fx? (with dongle) ;)

Mike

Guest eugenS
Does the analog suite have any kind of tape simulation? And is it realistic?

Yes! The amtrack compressor has an included tape simulation section. By far the best tape simulation I´ve heard so far. If you know Magneto, wich is nothing than a bad compressor with a low frequency bump labeled as tape saturation, you will be pleased by the full and warm sound of amtrack. This thing alone is worth the update money.

Yes! The amtrack compressor has an included tape simulation section. By far the best tape simulation I´ve heard so far. If you know Magneto, wich is nothing than a bad compressor with a low frequency bump labeled as tape saturation, you will be pleased by the full and warm sound of amtrack. This thing alone is worth the update money.

Oh man I'm gonna wet my pants.

Guest KaraokeKarl
Oh man I'm gonna wet my pants.

Me too. But it´s the everyday-can-work-with-thecoolest-toy-on-earth-wetness. One of the cool reasons to live in germany. We got it! You not!

Thanks for the link. Just downloaded it and tried it out. I agree it is very good but to get that warm large sound I needed to use the saturation control at least around 50% and it really makes the sound up front BUT I also noticed on some material that it also has some nasty modulation artifacts as well which is a pity. Anyone else noticed this? Or maybe most folks aren't using the saturation control? Just wondering?

Guest Guest_Tekker

Ok, to all of you people out there with version 8.... Let's hear some audio clips!!! :P:D

Some "before" and "after" clips would be awesome so that we all can hear these new goodies in action! ;)

Thanks,

-tkr

Guest Guest_Tekker

A few suggestions for those planning on doing some sound clips (for us less fortunate ones), that I would love to hear some examples of...

1) The New and improved FishPhones compressor (before and after takes would be awesome). I'd reallly like to hear what it can do with guitar and vocals especially, but if you guys can do drums and bass also, that would be fantastic!

2) Elastic Audio - Maybe someone could sing something way off key, and then fix it with the Elastic Audio so we can hear the quality of it (also post the before and after clips).

3) I don't do anything with the multi-channel surround sound (at least, not yet), but if it still has the 2-channel "pseudo-surround" that can simulate surround sound with two speakers... I would like to hear what improvements have been made on it. This should be an easy clip to make, just take any solo instrument (guitar would probably be best) and swing it around in a couple circles with the surround editor and I would also like to hear it left in a "rear" position (just to see if I could use it to place instruments behind the audience while mixing).

4) Lastly, I would also love to hear some examples of the surround room simulator.

Any examples that you guys can share with us will be greatly appriciated! ;)

Thanks,

-tkr

Guest GTBannah
A few suggestions for those planning on doing some sound clips (for us less fortunate ones), that I would love to hear some examples of...

1) The New and improved FishPhones compressor (before and after takes would be awesome). I'd reallly like to hear what it can do with guitar and vocals especially, but if you guys can do drums and bass also, that would be fantastic!

2) Elastic Audio - Maybe someone could sing something way off key, and then fix it with the Elastic Audio so we can hear the quality of it (also post the before and after clips).

3) I don't do anything with the multi-channel surround sound (at least, not yet), but if it still has the 2-channel "pseudo-surround" that can simulate surround sound with two speakers... I would like to hear what improvements have been made on it. This should be an easy clip to make, just take any solo instrument (guitar would probably be best) and swing it around in a couple circles with the surround editor and I would also like to hear it left in a "rear" position (just to see if I could use it to place instruments behind the audience while mixing).

4) Lastly, I would also love to hear some examples of the surround room simulator.

Any examples that you guys can share with us will be greatly appriciated! :D

Thanks,

-tkr

You don't ask for much, do you? :P

Seriously, you're quite right, thanx in anticipation to those "more fortunate than we are" .... ;)

Guest Guest_Tekker

Hmmm.... I guess everyone is too busy playing with their new toy to spend time posting on a message board.... ;):P

We want clips!... We want clips!... We want clips!......

-tkr