Zoom questions

Guest Kraznet

Guest Kraznet

Hopefully the release of V8 is getting near . In the meantime I'm still trying to aquaint myself with the 7.2 demo. There seems to be quite a few zoom options and I discovered one which is similar to Logic. Select the Magnifying glass and hold shift and lassoo the part of the wave you wish to see and it fills the screen exactly ;) I was overjoyed to find this as this is how it works in Logic. But in Logic you can return to the previous zoom setting by just clicking on the waveform without holding the modifier. In fact it retraces exactly the steps you made....for example if you start with an entire overview of the arrangement and lassoo and shift/click with the magnifying glass 3 times all you need to do is click 3 times to return to the original overview. It memorizes the steps .Is there a way to do this in Samp?

Another thing I noticed is that you can use Control+Cursor right/left to zoom in or out on the horizontal but I can't find a keyboard shortcut to do the same vertically . Am i missing something or is it just not possible using keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks

Kraznet

Guest Kraznet

To further add (sorry to keep harping on about Logic) Auto Track Zoom i find VERY useful. When enabled it zooms out vertically the track you select and returns it to normal when you select another (which zooms out).Intellegent zooming . Anything like this in Samp ?

Kraznet

Guest Guest_guest
Another thing I noticed is that you can use Control+Cursor right/left to zoom in or out on the horizontal but I can't find a keyboard shortcut to do the same vertically .

There are more commands for zooming and assigned shortcuts, wich can enabled in the sam-ini. Vertical zooming is part of the mouse wheel setup section (MouseWheelAction3=5 or so). There is a commented ini in the registered tips&tricks forum with all information about the ini patching.

Other useful things I remember:

- DisableDoubleClickZoom=0 - reactivates range zooming with double click

- NoPlayStartStopFades=0 - enables 100 sample fadein/out for start/stop with ASIO

Guest Guest_Tekker

Go to Options -> Program Preferences -> Edit Keyboard Shortcuts

You can assign any funtion in Samplitude to whatever keyboard shortcut you want! ;)

I have altered many of the shortcuts and I also keep a Word document of everything I've changed. When I change a shortcut that's used by another feature (it'll tell you what it's used for when you assign the new shortcut) then I'll make a note of that as well, so I also know what features don't have their original shortcuts anymore...

For zooming, I have it set so that when I press and hold the ctrl key I can use the arrow buttons to zoom in and out vertically with the up/down arrows and horizontally with the left/right arrows. This way I don't even have to select a range to zoom into, I can just put the cursor where I want it and zoom in and out quickly with the arrow keys. Works great! :P

-tkr

Guest Kraznet

Thanks for those tips guys :P

I managed to do the vertical/horizontal zoom thing like you suggested Tekker ;) it works very well and is much more consistent than the Logic zooms and very smooth. I'm investigating the different mouse modes at the moment. The ini patching looks very useful as well. I'm tempted to make the jump to Sam now but I still need to check out the midi in V8 as it's an important part of my working process.

One more question though . Is there a " hide all automation "command rather than having to disable it on individual channels?

Thanks again

Kraznet