Vsti Monitoring

Guest Curt

Hi all, i have a problem.

I'm testing the samplitude 7.2 demo and i'm having problems monitoring my vstis.

If i open any vsti and i play a few notes i cant see any signal in the mixer, even if i force monitoring.

If i record a midi part, i can hear the sound from the vsti and i can see the signal in the mixer( just the midi track) but not in the different outputs of the vsti, so i dont know for example where my bass drum is because i cant see the signal.

Am i doing somethign wrong?

Everything else is fine with audio (except that annoying record confirmation box)

Sorry all for my bad english, i am from spain, and i would like to switch to samplitude 8, so if i can avoid the record confirmation box in the next version i will buy it for sure, but first i need to be sure that this is the software i need.

My sound card is a gina 24 with latest asio drivers.

Thanks in advance

Guest GTBannah

Hey,

No problem with the English, and it's miles better that my Spanish/Castellano. :P

Sorry I can't help with the VSTi problem though. ;)

I'm sure one of the "big brothers" will jump in. They're very good here.

Thanks for the reply, this software is doing some odd things with me ;)

About this topic...if open the tutorial midi file and i select a vsti then it works fine, i can see the meters from the different outputs but i cant play the vsti, it doesnt sound, then, if i press the monitoring button the multi output meters will stop working, and i cant play in real time (even directly in the vsti keyboard).

The worst thing, is that after all this i un-check the monitoring button but i will not see again the multi output data :P

Im sure i'm doing something wrong, i will try to install another hard drive with a fresh windows installation.

Guest Kraznet

I just tested it . Make sure you have the REC M (input Monitoring) enabled on the transport as well as the speaker icon ( so it turns blue) next to the track. Also make sure you have Asio enabled under Options >System/Audio .

Good luck

Kraznet

I just tested it . Make sure you have the REC M (input Monitoring) enabled on the transport as well as the speaker icon ( so it turns blue) next to the track. Also make sure you have Asio enabled under Options >System/Audio .

Good luck

Kraznet

Many thanks, REC M was the problem.