recording>monitoring

Guest my music sux

Guest my music sux

I set up a 4trk vip to record myself. I have drums done (midi) in trk1.

I set up to record guitar trk in trk2 with software monitoring on, and the rec button armed. records fine, i disarm and uncheck the mon button. plays back fine.. I move that object down to trk 3 and record a second trak. Now, use the same track as before to record new guitar but i get no monitoring whatso ever. clicking monitoring does nothing. arming/disarming does nothing. No sound from guitar at all. What is up with this?

I check and double check input settings,..nothing changed. I click/unclick: mon/rec/arm/playbackwhile rec, and also try softwarefx monitoring.. nothing. ,...THEN I try hardware mon.. i get signal.

At this point....i switch back to settings from original recording and it works fine. Whats up with the ..."sometimes working>sometimes NOT" crap?

Very annoying and un-musical. (yea,...the music turned out that way too!) ;)

Guest Guest_Tekker

Are you talking about no sound at all during recording, or the meters don't work during recording?

For both to work, the "Playback while recording" has to be on for the audio to work, and the RECMon (in the transport) has to be on for the meters to work. I wouldn't think that the Hardware Monitoring would be necessary, I don't have it on and I can monitor my previously recorded tracks just fine while recording. Maybe you just happened to hit the right buttons to make it start working! lol ;)

-tkr

Yes,. no sound at all. and no meters...lol

playback while record is checked. And,...... clicked the rec mon button in transport. it didnt do nutin .

I did get it to record eventually.

Guest Guest_Tekker

Interesting.... So what happens if you turn the Hardware Monitor off (with the "Playback While Recording" and RECMon still on)? Does you sound and meters both go out again? Or does just your sound go out?

What kind of soundcard do you have?

-tkr

Basically,...I was recording one trk at a time,...after 1st trk was recorded,...I unchecked rec but,...and mon button....played back to check it,...then moved it to trk2.

Now I re-set trk 1 to record as before and thats when...the problenm satrted (no sound from inputs) But,...like I said ...it eventually worked.

Until next time.