Waves Type Conflict...

bigbean

Hi there. In a project I have a Waves delay on an aux track, but nearly every time I open the project I get a "type conflict" error and the plugin is removed. I've even attempted uninstalling the plugins and installing my older 3.5 version, but the problem remains.

I'm a bit frustrated. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

did you change any routing in that track before saving? sometimes,..it will let you change while project is open,..but next time you open it,..it will give that error. And basically,..the preset is useless.

I would open a new project,..(2trk) and trial and error with the fx used,...mabye change the fx order and see what/where the prob is. (check mono/stereo too)

And this way,..you can save that preset once you figure it out and use it in your project.

mike

**** Waves. Get something else.

I'll simply assume that you're joking...

The proccessing ability that Waves offers for its price tag is absolutely unbeleivable if you're an old analog guy like myself. This stuff would have set you back about $20,000 easily had you bought it in hardware a few years ago.

I say that if you can't get good results using Waves, than you shouldn't be charging for your services.

Guest what e-v-e-r!

No,..Not joking. Sorry. So,..you assume I am not getting good results,..lol....and then you insult me. Nice guy.

It's thier policy that really sux. It's a shame really. But, people who have no problem with it (like me up until now) LOVE waves. But,..once it happens,...forgetaboutit.

I repeat "**** Waves".

I'm making a video of my Waves CD,.. (have 2) one is gonna be grilled or microwaved,..mabye (not sure) the other is gonna be Axed into pieces. Then,..Im gonna mail it back to them. I am really excited about it too.

B)

There a lot very good and better plugins from other companies: Sonalksis, Voxengo, UAD, Sony Oxford and don´t forget the new analog modelling toys from Digitalfishphones Sascha in Samplitude 8. KILLER!!! The german Keyboards magazin says at least in the league of the famous UAD comps, sometimes better. The understatement of the year - IMHO.

Guest whaba-baba

Right. Well said.

I've done mixes with waves ...then.. exchanged waves plugs with samps Native,...of course,..it took a long time (especially the AdvDyn) to get settings just right, and not "exactly" the same but......very nice result. I cant wait for V8.

I almost bought Nomad Factory BlueTubes,..they are very nice plugs. (still may) but,...the UAD-1 is very similar...and ... better on my cpu. The ultimate sw/EQ is the Algorithmix Linear phase EQ. "Unbefreakinleavable. but..."very" expensive.

But, dont forget about Samp's offline FFT,....Excellent for surgicalEq and sweetening!!

mike

Guest baba-whaba

Anyways,...Ive had similar problems with Waves,...Project all playing correctly,...I save. then next day...I get those freakin conflicts. It is definately in the routing or you forgot to use the force mono button.

Also,...when opening the FX dialog,... highlite the PRE or POST before loading fx. that may help. (and click the force mono before as well)

Mike

No,..Not joking. Sorry. So,..you assume I am not getting good results,..lol....and then you insult me. Nice guy.

Firstly, I don't assume anything. Secondly, I said nothing about your results. Lastly, I haven't insulted you.

But I think that I'd like to, considering your rather less than helpful "**** Waves" reply. I stand steadily by what I said: If you can't get good results using Waves, than you simply shouldn't be charging for your services. Read "you" as "anybody".

It is definately in the routing or you forgot to use the force mono button.

Perhaps you could explain why I'd want to "force mono" on a stereo effect in a stereo channel?

Firstly, I don't assume anything.
you assumed I was joking. I am NOT.
Secondly, I said nothing about your results.
You implied, very close. IMHO.
Lastly, I haven't insulted you.

No. I guess it was just a fart then Beanie.

But I think that I'd like to, considering your rather less than helpful "**** Waves" reply.  I stand steadily by what I said:  If you can't get good results using Waves, than you simply shouldn't be charging for your services.  Read "you" as "anybody".

:D Another fart!! phew!

Perhaps you could explain why I'd want to "force mono" on a stereo effect in a stereo channel?

Now I guess you made ME fart. :DB)

Seriously though...:Did you try the changing effect order of the aux? you'll have to save,..then close re-open to test it. I've had problems (random) with waves,..on tracks (the mono/stereo thing) but never on an aux,...are you placing the fx pre or post fader? it "may" make a difference.

Firstly, I don't assume anything.
you assumed I was joking. I am NOT.

You're correct, I did assume that you were joking. However, you stated "you assume I am not getting good results", which simply never happened.

Secondly, I said nothing about your results.
You implied, very close. IMHO.

I implied no such thing.