*Twiddle Thumbs* Im getting impatient here Magix ;

Basic Pitch

Well at least we deserve to know what's going on....

I have been visiting www.samplitude.com for almost every day since a couple of months just to follow up what's happening with version 8.

I getting pretty tired of this waiting, and what makes me even more irritated are these annoying words:

In September we will begin to ship the international upgrades & full licenses of the generation V8 of MAGIX pro audio product line.

So... You guys at MAGIX!!! If you ever even look in the forums that is...

If you don't very soon come up with some info about what's going on... then I've had it with this company!!!

This is for you who want's to know about what's happening with Samplitude8.

If we are past the 15:th of October and we still haven't got any info from MAGIX then my advice to you is:

DON'T THINK OF BUYING ANYTHING FROM THIS EVIL COMPANY!!!!!

Guest Gravitygrave

Dude, Magix are anything BUT an evil company. The support in the registered user forum is second to none. I expect that they are extremely busy right now.

All good things come to those who wait as the saying goes and as someone who has used Samp 7 in depth, v8 looks like a killer.

It'll be here soon.

As for evil companies Steinberg isn't doing itself any favours right now.

G

Dude, Magix are anything BUT an evil company. The support in the registered user forum is second to none.

I wouldn't say they're "evil", but I'm definitely perturbed with their support (or lack there of) for legit OWNERS of previous versions of Samplitude (Producer 6.0)..... B)

But once v8 comes out I won't have to deal with it anymore! :D

-tkr

with their support (or lack there of) for legit OWNERS of previous versions of Samplitude

Thats not true! You get free telefon and e-mail support. Thats more, than you will get from other companies, where you have to pay for a simple support call. Try the Pinnacle support and you know, what lack of is.

So... You guys at MAGIX!!! If you ever even look in the forums that is...

If you don't very soon come up with some info about what's going on...

An official guy has posted a message in the support forum. They will release the english version with the AES convention in San Francisco (end of October).

This is for you who want's to know about what's happening with Samplitude8.

If we are past the 15:th of October and we still haven't got any info from MAGIX then my advice to you is:

DON'T THINK OF BUYING ANYTHING FROM THIS EVIL COMPANY!!!!!

Do you want some cheese with that wine?

Guest UNBELIEVABLE SPOILED BRATS
I'm definitely perturbed with their support (or lack there of) for legit OWNERS of previous versions of Samplitude (Producer 6.0).....  B)

THATS THE MOST PREPOSTEROUS THING I'VE EVER READ!!!!

SUPPORT FOR SAMP 6 AND BELOW HASN'T CHANGED AT ALL. ACTUALLY IT GOT BETTER WITH THE ADDITION OF THIS "NEWCOMERS" FORUM.

I'm definitely perturbed with their support (or lack there of) for legit OWNERS of previous versions of Samplitude (Producer 6.0).....  B)

SUPPORT FOR SAMP 6 AND BELOW HASN'T CHANGED AT ALL. ACTUALLY IT GOT BETTER WITH THE ADDITION OF THIS "NEWCOMERS" FORUM.

Actually it got worse, because the SamDev/developers no longer posted at the newsgroup once this forum opened....

-tkr

with their support (or lack there of) for legit OWNERS of previous versions of Samplitude

Thats not true! You get free telefon and e-mail support. Thats more, than you will get from other companies, where you have to pay for a simple support call. Try the Pinnacle support and you know, what lack of is.

I wrote Samplitude an email about a problem I was having with some plugins and never heard back from them. I explained my problem and told them that I checked with the developer of those pluins first and he told me to get in contact with Magix, because he thought the problem was on their end.

I probably would have been able to get a responce within the next couple days or so (if not that day even) if I had been able to ask in the users forum.

-tkr

One more thing (since I can't edit my previous post)..... I have a friend who works at Guitar Center and a while ago he tried to get in contact with them to order v7.0 for me and left a few messages and he said he hasn't heard back from them. Now, I've decided to just get v8.0 (since it's so close to coming out) but he still hasn't heard anything back from them yet.

-tkr

I did (over a year and a half ago), but for some reason it won't let me post..... B)

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic

-tkr

Developers weren't at the sekd group that often,... mabye 1-2x a week,...nothing regular.

,...v6 and below doesnt really need much support anymore,...except for the updates/patches needed. Seriously, I've never had any bad experiences with Magix/Samplitude support since v4.5, All/any email supports were replied within 24 hrs.

But still,..I think there may be a few RME cards floating atround with Samp6 Master with them,.....a few folks using those may need help.

Was your problem Samplitude related? or was it the plugin after all? What plugin?? was it a common one or some wierd obscure one? Did you send a nice email explaining your problem legibly? or was it some whiney kid-like blahblahblah "it works in Sonar but not samplitude and THEY said it's your fault" kind of email?

B)

at any rate,...SEKDgroup is gone,..Samplitude Forum is ON, Newcomer forum is here,

then there's Synthax forum too. SO Stop whining, there is plenty of support.

My problem with this current setup is there is a fantastic support forum already made, which legit owners of Samplitude don't have access to. They don't even have to do much of anything to allow us the ability to register our 6.0 software and gain access to the board. Very simple solution.

Back when I got Samplitude Producer it was around $700! Now we just get thrown out on our tails because we can't cought up the dough for the upgrade.... And believe me, if I would have had the money for it sooner, I would have! I could have really used that track freeze feature, and the real time room sim would have been great also.... So why be exlusive to "only version 7 owners"?

How hard would it be to allow us access to the forum? Not very hard (mentioned above)! What would it hurt? Nothing! They're probably trying to keep the people out of the support forum who have cracked the program, and that's great... But it sucks that they're excluding other legit users in the process, because we have PAID for the software... We are not crackers trying to get support for something we didn't pay for. And the support for the new features wouldn't do us much good anyways, since they are not included in version 6.0. But as a Samplitude owner I would like to have as much info about current problems and what is being done to fix them, when the time came to make the upgrade. Not to mention, I just like reading about it. I've read most of the threads here, in the Samplitude forum at audioforums.com, at the Synthax website, and I often visited the newsgroup and I picked up a lot of great tips and techniques that I probably never would have figured out on my own. EVen if I don't have a specific question or don't take part in a particular conversation, I still learn a lot just by hearing other people talk about it and by the suggestions given to others. I'm a Sampaholic and I like being "in the know" on my software that I have forked out my hard earned money on!! Is that really so much to ask? B)

To be honest, I don't even remember how I fixed that crazy plugin problem. I tried so many different things that I don't even remember what it was that finally made it work! lol As far as the email, of course I sent them as much information as I had and knew about the problem. I'm very good at explaining technical problems and I probably gave them more than they needed (or wanted lol), but I just like to make sure they have all the info to figure the problem out. But I still didn't hear from them.

-tkr

Somebody told you before: It´s a version 7 forum and as a feature part of the version 7 update price. It would hurt the version 7 users, if they payd the price and others get this service as well. Look on the Sequoia forum. They offer now a yearly service for 500,- and the registered Sequoia forum seems part of the support deal, do you want it also for free?

If you are in the US or Canada, I think Synthax USA handles the telefon support for you. Give them a call and they will probably help you out (and maybe sell you a v8 immediately).

Somebody told you before: It´s a version 7 forum and as a feature part of the version 7 update price.

That's exactly my point, there are enough extra features in v7 that are worth the upgrade price, but there's little need kicking everyone else out of your "exclusive" club when we all own the sam program.... Just a different version.

It would hurt the version 7 users, if they payd the price and others get this service as well.

LOL! How would it hurt the 7.0 users? The people who upgrade are getting a friggin' sweet program with lots of new features, all the 6.0 users would be getting is access to the same forum... Wow, that must be murder! lol B) Samplitude 6.0 users wouldn't be able to do much with the support for the features that only they have anyways, so there's really no point in being exclusive.

They offer now a yearly service for 500,- and the registered Sequoia forum seems part of the support deal, do you want it also for free?

I don't know what you mean by the yearly service for 500 part ($500?), or what kind of service that involves.... But you're talking apples and oranges, because I don't own Sequoia, I own Samplitude. If they want to be exclusive between the two different programs I can understand that, but being exlusive to each new version of the "SAME" program, I really don't see. Are they going to make a separate forum for each version they come out with from now on? Are they going to allow 7.0 users to access the same forum even though they didn't uprade? Or are they going to kick all the previous version owners out of the forum each time a new version comes out?

-tkr

See,...here's the thing though, your NOT missing "anything". You have exactly what you paid for. Samplitude 7 and probably 8 operate that same way,.. except for new features,...including the asio/vst/vsti parts and a dedicated secure forum. Your V6 is a fine peice of software but it didnt come with asio or a dedicated forum. So,..asking for access to the forum, is like asking for the realtime roomsim or asio. Sorry,..but it seems thats just the way it is now.

But I'll say again,...(as a v6 user) your not missing anything by not having access. And whining about it makes u look childish.

See,...here's the thing though,  your NOT missing "anything".

Well, that's where we disagree.... The forum over at audioforums is practically dead now that a vast majority of members are registered 7.0 users.... The newsgroup is now dead, and most of the people posting here are asking questions about using the 7.0 demo version. So not only is there no support anymore (even once in a great while on the newsgroup is still better than nothing at all), I would imagine that most of the regular Samp users do the majority of their posting in the registered users board, not on the newcomer board. Therefore, we also lost out on a large part of the Samp community. So yes, I strongly dissagree about 6.0 users not missing anything!!

So,..asking for access to the forum, is like asking for the realtime roomsim or asio.

Not quite, the real-time room sim took money and time to be developed, so therefore they need to charge for these new features to make up for the cost it took to create it. Can't say the same thing about a free message board.

Your V6 is a fine peice of software but it didnt come with asio or a dedicated forum.

I still don't understand the difference between sending them and email and getting a reply, or posting on a message board and getting a reply. If what was said before is true, that I can call in and get support or send them an email and get support for my current 6.0 version.... Then what exactly is the difference between getting support on a message board or sending them an email? Either way someone has to take time out of their day to make a response (to an email, a phone call, or a post on the message board), so what difference does the format make? That's all it is, is a "format" issue.

So far the best argument against 6.0 users having access to the forum is that "it wasn't included with 6.0", but again, I raise the question... What's the difference between an email or a phone call and a post on the message board?

And whining about it makes u look childish.

Who said anything about whining? As I recall I made one comment about not being impressed with their support for 6.0 (which is an opinion that I have every right to have, whether or not anyone agrees with it) and got this reply....

Who's being childish? lol! :D

I've explained my reasonings for believing that this "version exclusive" support doesn't make any sense, not that it will probably make any difference either way... But since you guys asked, I was more than happy to reply! :D

-tkr