Multiple songs in one file -- not with VIPs?

jimmyjazz

OK, I've been messing around with the Samp 6.0 Master software that came with my RME card, and I'm stuck on something. I've got a dozen or so tunes mixed to one-track (stereo) VIPs, with fades. I want to experiment with different track sequencing before sending everything off for mastering. Problem is, I can't seem to make one big file out of the edited VIPs -- just the 24-bit WAV files, and they don't have my fades.

What am I missing?

The VIP is your virtual workbench. Everything is non destructive - thats the greatest advantage of Sam. You are free to do what you want, without to worry to destroy your audio files. If you want to get the edits in the audio, you have to bounce the files or burn all tracks to a CD directly from the VIP window.

Start a new Vip, ...set to "CD arrange mode" (under CD menu) then hit "W" or the little wave icon and load each song into the Vip. It wll pace each tune 2-4 secs apart. (with a snap) Then burnit.

Start a new Vip, ...set to "CD arrange mode" (under CD menu) then hit "W" or the little wave icon and load each song into the Vip. It wll pace each tune 2-4 secs apart. (with a snap) Then burnit.

Is this gonna load the .wav files or the VIPs with edits? If it's the former, then that's not what I'm looking for. I find it impossible to believe that one has to do all the edits for a multi-song CD burn in the actual "master" file for the CD burn as opposed to the files relating to the indiviudal songs.

Maybe I'm not being clear?

Each Vip is considered a project. You cant burn from multiple projects. Basically,...when your looking at one Vip with all songs/edits/fx etc. your looking at the CD.

to burn a cd .. all waves need to be in the same Vip, so,...if you have one Vip for each song,..you have 2 choices,....

1. burn each Vip project (each song) to a wave, then insert each wave into the new Vip...then burn it.

2. copy (lasso-select) each song,...with all edits and paste into a new vip. (u can drag and drop)