Samplitude Classic 8 MMC?

cyrral

In the comparison charts at the Samplitude website, it states that Classic V8 has MIDI, yet lack MIDI Machine Control capabilities that is found on Professional V8. Does that mean you would not be able to use a control surface, like Mackie or similar, to control virtual faders, pans, and the like?

I have a Tascam FW1884, and have used it with Digital Performer 4 and Sonar 3. In consideration of purchasing the latest Samplitude, I'd hate to loose the control surface functionality, but I'm apprehensive about spending the difference just to have that feature. (Surround Sound is way off in the distant future for me, I have enough softsynths, and Elastic Audio functionality is a extra I haven't had a need for (yet)) B)

Thanks for any input that anyone can provide.

LarryC

cyrral

Guest GTBannah

As a SONAR person, I can relate to your apprenshion, but if you buy V8 Pro you'll probbly be introduced to some new things you may not have known existed, or to new ways of doing things.

Close your eyes, hold your nose, ....

1,2,3,4, jump in!!! B)

From Tom at Synthax

"It will work just fine...

All my best,

Tom Sailor

www.synthax.com

5111 Market St. Boardman, OH 44512

V- 330.259.0308 F- 330.259.0315"

------------------------------------------------------------------

To GTBannah,

Thanks for the input as well. I haven't committed to which level yet, so there still is time to go the extra mile. (and raise the extra cash!) B)

LarryC

cyrral