Samplitude Automation

Guest beatpete

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kraznet
What parameters in the Samplitude mixer can be automated (FX sends, EQs etc.)?

I've just been trying the new Acid Pro 5 demo and even with that you can automatic FX sends and draw automation curves directy over the part!! Seems that Samplitude is the only host that can't do this ...

Kraznet

On the other hand, Samplitude is the only host with realtime object effects and you can of course draw track automation curves direct over the object and move them with the object.

Guest GTBannah
Automation is available for volume and pan . Definitely not on FX sends :D

Kraznet

Hi,

I've been "playing with" V6 for the past month or so and, while it takes some adjusting, the flexible/roundabout way of doing the automation in Samp is quite interesting.

In SONAR we could automate ever single individual one-by-one parameter, but I'm begining to see how tha Samp approach could work, once you get used to it .... B)

I know.... I know .... :D

Guest Kraznet
On the other hand, Samplitude is the only host with realtime object effects and you can of course draw track automation curves direct over the object and move them with the object.

Supposing you want to gradually increase the amount of delay or reverb over 4 bars? Is there another way to do this other than automating the volume of an AUX bus ? What if you need to increase/decrease varying amounts of different FX on several tracks over time?

Kraznet

Guest Guest_Fifthcircle
It´s also possible for all VST plugins and the analoge modelling effects in v8.

It is possible to do that in 7 as well...

For effects send automation, set a nominal level at the track level. Then, go into your object editor and add to the track. It is a simple way to accomplish that...

-Ben

For effects send automation, set a nominal level at the track level. Then, go into your object editor and add to the track. It is a simple way to accomplish that...

Thanks Ben thats a much better way of automating an FX send amount .Obviously you need to cut the part up into sections and adjust each subsequent section in the object editor ( i only just noticed there are aux sends in the object editor B) ) .Not possible to make a smooth ramp like you can with the track Volume curve but still an improvement .

Cheers

Kraznet

Guest mastertape

Not same, but very useful to automate FX with AUX channel(s).Create an AUX and call built in or plug in FX into this track and automate the vol of it.

I like this funktion.

Mt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fifthcicle

Thanks Ben thats a much better way of automating an FX send amount .Obviously you need to cut the part up into sections and adjust each subsequent section in the object editor ( i only just noticed there are aux sends in the object editor :o ) .Not possible to make a smooth ramp like you can with the track Volume curve but still an improvement .

Cheers

Kraznet

You absolutely can make a smooth ramp up... Create a long linear crossfade. You won't be able to get a smoother fade than that... Your aux will kick in as the object fades in. The beauty of object mixing is that it completely follows the crossfades. You can automate sends and plugins with an accuracy that isn't possible with fader-based automation schemes. (Yes, I mix both ways and I prefer objects)

--Ben