Some v8 questions

Guest Lee

Hi

I've a few questions about the capabilities of the forthcoming Sam v8. If anyone can answer these I'd be grateful:

- I use VSTs for writing my music, so a solid MIDI implementation is crucial for me. I know the MIDI functionality in v8 has been improved considerably, but it's very difficult to find out exactly what that means. Does anyone know exactly what's been added in? From watching the German demo videos it looks like everything I need is covered (and the new swing stuff looks neat!).

- Automation tracks. Does v8 provide for automation tracks similar to those in Logic, Cubase etc? Can you tie automation to MIDI so moving one moves the other? Do you have automation read/write modes similar to those in Cubase (latch etc...)?

- Freeze. No matter how much memory or CPU I have, it's never enough. Freeze implementation is pretty good now in other hosts, so does v8 meet the same standards? I'm looking for fast operation, only writing non-silent passages to disk, the ability to "unload" the VSTi from memory, etc).

- Does it support VSTis with multiple outs - Kontakt etc?

- Does it have the ability to reorder insert effects?

- Are there flexible routing options (Logic is great for this sort of thing). I want to be able to change my mind half way through a project and "rewire" my mixer without penalty.

- Can I drag & drop midi files onto the arrange window?

That should do for now.....

Thanks to anyone who can answer these.

L

yes

- Are there flexible routing options (Logic is great for this sort of thing). I want to be able to change my mind half way through a project and "rewire" my mixer without penalty.

yes

yes

- Automation tracks. Does v8 provide for automation tracks similar to those in Logic, Cubase etc? Can you tie automation to MIDI so moving one moves the other? Do you have automation read/write modes similar to those in Cubase (latch etc...)?

No.

- Freeze. No matter how much memory or CPU I have, it's never enough. Freeze implementation is pretty good now in other hosts, so does v8 meet the same standards? I'm looking for fast operation, only writing non-silent passages to disk, the ability to "unload" the VSTi from memory, etc).

No unload. Otherwise the other do not by far meet the standards of Samplitudes freeze. Track freeze, object freeze ...

- Does it support VSTis with multiple outs - Kontakt etc?

Yes.

Fully free.

Fully free.

Yes.