Samplitude with Ableton Live

Guest rodolfo

Guest rodolfo

Hi.

I think I'm going to change to Samplitude definitely.

I'd just like to know if anyone (any v8 user ) is using the new MIDI functions without the need of another sequencer.

I'm thinking of purchasing Ableton Live too to use with Samplitude with re-wire, in case I need some specific midi functions for composing and arranging.

Any opinion´about this?

Just one more thing: does anyone knows where I can find the midi controllers (MIDI MAP) that Samplitude desponds to (mixer and arrange window)? Analising other hardware controller configurations in Samplitude it seems that a lot of other things (other than volume and pan) are acessible from a MIDI controller.

Rodolfo

I'm thinking of purchasing Ableton Live too to use with Samplitude with re-wire, in case I need some specific midi functions for composing and arranging.

This is funny. Samplitude has much more midi features than Live.

Guest rodolfo

I've tested Samplitude v7 and Live v4 (and MIDI in Samplitude v7 is not very natural - just my opinion).

If your saying that Samplitude v8 is a lot better in the MIDI section than v7 (which I hope is true) than you may find it real funny.

I was just asking for advice from more experienced users. I've been testing Samplitude for a couple of weeks.

Midi in V8 is much better now. The drum editor is state-of-the-art.

yeah its pretty nice indeed, one thing i cant figure out, is there a way to 'slide' by one quantize-chunk...so it is stil 23/960 of a quarter note 'before' the beat or whatever, but still in that same time when you move it around (as opposed to snapping to the nearest grid-marker) .. just one of those things from logic that was subtle but made working with rhythm really nice..

• 4 weeks later...

samplitude works fine with live via rewire, but..theres no point, as anything you could do in live, object-fx, looping, pitch envelope, can be done in samplitude too, usually with more flexibility. same with MIDI. about the only thing i'd consider is MTC-synching a copy of Logic over MidiYoke...if i didnt use my own sequencer..