Could it be true?!?

Guest Jonathan

Guest Jonathan
1. All V8 versions including Samplitude will now be delivered with only one hardware dongle. This implementation, which will also be used for the German version next year, was very time-intensive.

2. Overhaul of the documentation and translation of the many new features were carefully scrutinized for quality control.

3. The new version, now scheduled for release in mid-January, will incorporate all of our experience from the German release in terms of performance and stability.

This seems to state (non-directly) that the programming of the software is complete. They are probably in the process of manufacturing dongles and receiving the software from the printers. This is great news for everyone! I can't wait. :o

Guest Guest_guest
All V8 versions including Samplitude will now be delivered with only one hardware dongle.

How many were there before? :o

None!

The addition of a dongle is perceived as a real turn off by many industry insiders. It will do squat to stop cracking & piracy. In fact if I purchase this s/w and someone produces a good dongleless version of warez I will use the warez version.

Guest DongleMan
In fact if I purchase this s/w and someone produces a good dongleless version of warez I will use the warez version.

Good luck! The new dongle generations work like DSP chips. The calculating program code on the dongle chip. The crackers can´t really emulate them (SX3) or the emulation needs CPU power (not much, but ...) and some program operations will fail from time to time (depends from the quality of the emulation). The emulation has to run in a deep hardware kernel mode inside the OS - of course, it simulates a high speed USB device and have to hook the USB bus - and this affects also the stability of the whole system and other time critical USB devices (Midi interfaces etc.).

The WIBU emulation, wich is included in some cracks, simulates an old LPT dongle, but affects the system in a very bad way. I will not doubt, the crackers will emulate also a high speed USB dongle someday, but there isn´t any working USB emulation yet. They can try, not to deliver a complete emulation, but a simulation of all program operations in a seperate program file, like in the past (SX), but this is really difficult and explains, why some cracks need such a long time and they have to do it every time, a new program version or a patch comes out. If they do it, its doubtful, the simulation will offer the same stability, like the new USB dongle generation with correct drivers. Maybe some will use it nonetheless, but most professionals will avoid it.

Good luck! The new dongle generations work like DSP chips. The calculating program code on the dongle chip. The crackers can´t really emulate them (SX3) or the emulation needs CPU power (not much, but ...) and some program operations will fail from time to time (depends from the quality of the emulation). The emulation has to run in a deep hardware kernel mode inside the OS - of course, it simulates a high speed USB device and have to hook the USB bus - and this affects also the stability of the whole system and other time critical USB devices (Midi interfaces etc.).

Well, sorta true, but not quite.

I agree with the aforementioned poster that even though we are legal users, we will still use a cracked version, if available.

In example: NewTek's Lightwave 3D uses a USB dongle, but has still been cracked. I own a license to use that software, but I use the crack for one reason: I don't want to have to keep moving the damn dongle back and forth between my laptop and my main system. According the the license, it's perfectly legal to do so, but after breaking off two dongles in my laptop, it just wasn't worth it anymore! Both times it happened, I was completey crippled and lost some serious money via downtime due to those major mishaps.

If I pay for the software, I should not have to fsck with a goddamn piece of shit dongle! PERIOD!

I understand why companies use them, but they're a pain in the ass to us PAYING power users!

I once had a donglized version of another program, and it was the older parallel type. The fscking thing wouldn't even allow a printer to pass through it, even though it HAD a passthough!

If magix wants to donglize Samplitude 8, then I will use it that way until I break one, then, you can goddamn betcha I will find a cracked version somewhere!

I buy software to increase my productivity, not reduce it. Dongles reduce it bigtime! Please don't do it Magix! I BEG YOU! It will NOT make any difference in your bottom line (except for the additional hardware costs).

JT

Guest msparti

You should make sure you get a usb cable extension with it so it isnt sticking outta your port like that. I dont understand how you could loose productivity using a dongle,..except if it is broken or stolen. Then,...I heard you can get another in 24 hrs. And program "should" still work with demo mode for 3-7 days....but not sure about that part.

Like I said before,...people (PRO's) use Sequoia for years WITH a dongle and I dont see any of them complaining. You are jjust gonna have to go with the flow and get used to that fact that your gonna have to use it.

unless this is the first program in history to be uncrackable, i dont think anyone will be breathing down your neck to use the dongled version. so why breath down us 'newcomer's necks about it. the important thing always remains paying for it if you use it professionaly, so that magix can stick around andd make this great program even better, who knows maybe we'll even see loopable routing and automation some day!

Guest msparti

So,..your saying that as long as your not using the software professionaly it is ok to use a crack and NOT buy the program? Thats totally absurd IMHO. You shopuld look at this software like it is a book/novel. Buy it,..read it. No one else reads it while your reading it. And don't make copies for anyone to read. It's basically the same deal with Samplitude. (unless they dictate otherwise, (3+ authorizations etc.)

Guess it just boils down to how your brought up.

unless this is the first program in history to be uncrackable

SX3 is not cracked. UAD plugins are not cracked. The new DSP dongles make it at least very difficult and crackers can´t spend the necessary effort, to deliver a WORKING solution without a huge amount of possible bugs, caused by the missing dongle DSP.

In the sam newsgroup is an interesting discussion about the new DSP dongle technology. It seems the crack days are over.