Learning Curve

laughingbear

I am wondering about the learning curve for to get sam on the way to work for me. I am quite used to Cubase and Nuendo, however, it is my impression that SAM follows a different approach with that "Object thingy".... Is the doucmentation delivered with the program more than a telephone book with a 70 page index? In other words, are there sufficient examples in there that make the docu a working document that can be read?

I am all for reading manuals, and I would invest 2 weeks to spend with reading and trying stuff....

It is a biggy for me to consider changing to SAM, being longterm Steinberg user, but fed up with the policies, not taken care for MAJOR bugs and ridiculous support on offer.

I have heard good things about the dedicated support forum for sam, and I must say this is a major decision maker. Ah well.... I guess I just have to give it a try... :o

Guest Guest_Tekker

I had very little trouble making the switch from Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 over 3 years ago.... And the few questions I did have were quickly answered on a Samp message board. It shouldn't take you to long to get the hang of it. :o

The Object thingy is actually quite easy to work with. Basically any time you split an object into two (or more) objects, you can double click any one of the objects and get a thingy called the "Object Editor". Once you open this up it's pretty self explanatory. You can change the volume/panning, add EQ/effects, change the fade in/out, etc. so it's basically like having a channel strip for each individual object. Then at the same time you also can also use the mixer to mix each track, so you have a lot of options to choose how you want to mix the project.

This all may sound confusing at first, but once you start using the program it's really easy to work with. Once you've gotten accustomed to the object editor, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! :ph34r:

-tkr

And a video training course is in the works too, taking you from beginning to end of a recording project. It's done by the guy who helped introduce Samplitude in the US ten years ago.

Guest GTBannah
SAMPLITUDE/SEQUOIA POWER

by S***t G******s

Do you have a link?

Oops! :o

Sorry, that was tongue-in-cheek. There is a book called Sonar Power, written by a chap called Scott Garrigus.