CANT GET REWIRE TO WORK IN V8 DEMO

Guest 3C

CANT GET REWIRE TO WORK IN V8 DEMO w/ reason. keeps crashing my system. Plus i see absolutley nothing relating to rewire or saying rewire input in dem. open samp first-open reason-close reason-close samp v8 demo.

Is rewire functioning in the V8 demo?

Still doesn't work. it is freezing my pc over and over again. Tried both ways.

1. opened reason first then samp- no luck samp saying it cant open reason rewire engine

2. opened samp first then reason- reason freezes up and pc hangs.

Im about to go back to PT LE. Cant take a chance on paying $1,000 for a program that Rewire doesn't work or may not work correctly right now.

Guest Kraznet

Sorry your still having problems . I've manged to get Fruity Loops 5 running a rewire client in the V8 demo . One thing I didn't mention is that you need to insert a new track and choose rewire from the drop down menu for that track or add it as a plug-in for that track in the mixer.

Kraznet

Guest Kraznet
How do you like V8 so far?

Well I was ready to buy this week but I've found some isssues which have made me think twice about it. Coming from Logic I'm used to using live FX while recording vocals etc but it seems that the Software FX monitoring is very buggy . As soon as I enable it and hit record I get loads of Asio errors lost buffers and crackles making it unusable . Also I'm missing screensets and folders which speed things up for me enormously . I thought I could manage without them in Samp but it seems that the graphics routines in in V8 are pretty sluggish especially with lots of track loaded whereas Logics screen redraws are very fast (not bad for a app that was discontinued over 2 years ago) . The lack of automation on the FX sends is another thing which is a bummer - although there are work arounds and I must admit I'm finding it hard to replace some of the Logic plug-ins . The thing is I've been having problems with "disc too slow " messages on some tracks in Logic and Samp doesn't seem to exhibit these problems but the FX monitoring bug negates this advantage . Also it would be nice to have some kind of inspector like in SX or Sonar to speed things up as you need to zoom right in to get access on all the track parameters . That said there are alot of things I like about V8 - the drum editor is pretty nice similar to the Hyper edit in Logic .Sample accurate editing on the arrange page is cool and object editing is as well not forgetting PDC . I'm not sure about Elastic Audio as yet - although it's Melodyne like I don't think it can replace it on first impressions although it's nice to have something like that built in . I'm awaiting to see what they have done in V8.1 and what they have improved but for time being I'm going to hold off .

Kraznet

will there be an 8.1 demo. I'm not buying until i get it confirmed that rewire works in 8.1. its not like u can spend $1k on some software and then return it. No 8.1 demo then i'll pass.

will there be an 8.1 demo.

They say no. The 8.1 features are supposed heavily integrated with the new dongle hardware, they will never work alone. I´am afraid, you have to use another software for your rewired music.