Sam8: Recording with vst effects possible?

Guest Dom

In sx2 i can slap a guitar simulator (or whatever effect) on the input and record a track with the effect "printed" to that track.

In Sam8 demo i can't seem to figure how to do this. i can monitor the track with effect just fine but it doesn't print to disk.

Demo limitation, not possible, or do i need a brain transplant?

yea,you could just use freeze after recording...

In sx2 i can slap a guitar simulator (or whatever effect) on the input and record a track with the effect "printed" to that track.

In Sam you don´t have to "print" an effect direct to disc. You are free, to apply it later.

No it doesnt "print" to disk that way. It record audio and fx are done realtime. No destructive done unless you want it that way (track is a keeper) then ..if you need resources, just freeze the track.

I don't think this will be changed,...but you never know.

thanks,

I just found the signal flow diagram in the help file.

I hope it will change, less steps for my aching mouse wrist.

Not a deal breaker tho, this app looks pretty good, especially from a resources perpective.

Thanks for your response. Yes, i know you don't have to print. But what if i want to print?

Just print it with a click on freeze or bounce. It´s much faster, than all the print preparations before in this other sequencer. I know, there are always people, working, like in the old tape days, but the print is a realtime process - dangerous with CPU intensive effects. A dropout in the input stream or a missed ASIO buffer will stay forever. I hope they don´t spend time on this feature, when a freeze or bounce with a preset is only one mouseclick away.