What is new in version 8.1?

Guest MrEon

Could anyone please tell me what the new features (bugfixes) are in detail in version 8.1...I'm sitting here waiting for my copy to drop into the mailbox but since I haven't gotten it yet I'm a bit worried about certain features that doesn't seem to be working correctly in the 8.0 version of the demo...software FX monitoring for example...

Why haven't the developers simply posted the list of these features and bugfixes on the webpage?

At the moment a lot of people probably download the demo and find that certain things don't work without knowing that they have been fixed...this can't bee good marketing...

Oh...the people it this forum really has the ability to make me all warm and fuzzy inside... :o

Actually since I already payed for it I really hope to see it soon...because eventhough there might be some problems with it (like every other sequencer) it still suites my needs better compared to crap like Cubase SX...Logic would bee nice but buying a mac is way beyond my budget right now and it still doesn't have the same great way of working with audio that Samplitude has. :lol:

So is there anyone else who actually wants to answer my question?

Why haven't the developers simply posted the list of these features and bugfixes on the webpage?

Developers usually don´t post features or bugfixes for upcoming versions on websites. Marketing people doing this, usually when something is ready, but obviously 8.1 is still in beta.

Developers usually don´t post features or bugfixes for upcoming versions on websites. Marketing people doing this, usually when something is ready, but obviously 8.1 is still in beta.

Still in beta?

I read somewhere that the international version should be released as version 8.1 (due partly to the new dongel) and because of that I assumed that it already was out since they released the english version at NAMM.

Are you sure?

quote from samplitude.com:

-------

07|22|2004 Samplitude & Sequoia V8 Releases

In September we will begin to ship the international upgrades & full licenses of the generation V8 of MAGIX pro audio product line.

So please be patient- a few months....

I read somewhere that the international version should be released as version 8.1 (due partly to the new dongel) and because of that I assumed that it already was out since they released the english version at NAMM.

All I know, it isn´t still out yet.

Ok...thanks...so I guess I'll get my hands on it sometime this summer then...

Don´t abandon all hope. I´am sure, they will release it, when nobody is counting on it. Next week or so.

Guest I think,..there for I am.

It is good customer care. Samp loves its' pre-paid customers!

I didnt do the "pre-pay" thing. I am waiting till it is released...then gonna make the purchase. I dont like the whole pre-paid marketing thing. (I think THIS is why)

So,..now you own into something that doesn't exist yet. :o don't worry,..you will have it soon.

I know ... it is easy to say but : Try to have patience. You WILL get it.

awesome dude.

I was gonna do that too but... I am not responsible enough. I made the purchase.

I started with and upgraded from RedRoaster5.0, using Cakewalk (argh)

But,..now...I'm at v7, and I have to wait till funds come in to upgrade to V8. mabye a months or two. (personal priorities suk)

Guest Kraznet
awesome dude.

I was gonna do that too but... I am not responsible enough. I made the purchase.

I started with and upgraded from RedRoaster5.0, using Cakewalk (argh)

But,..now...I'm at v7, and I have to wait till funds come in to upgrade to V8. mabye a months or two. (personal priorities suk)

Well I figure for £20 a month it's a pretty good deal as it includes 2 free upgrades also I'm fed up being a Logic orphan .

Kraznet

Usually I don't pay for things in advance either (this is actually the first time) but I found a really good deal at JJRShop due to the fact that they are bundling version 8 together with the old version 6. :o

http://www.jrrshop.com/product_info.php?pr...products_id=221

Was kind of hard to resist at that price and I didn't want to miss the offer in case they ran out of the old versions...