Keyboard Control of Shuttle/Jog

Guest Guest

Just downloaded the V8 demo. I would prefer to use the jog/shuttle with the keyboard (instead of mouse) but haven't found a way to do it. Is there a way or am I just spinning my wheels here?

What I have found:

ctrl+shift+cursor down turns on jog mode.

Once done, the left and right cursor keys will jog/scrub back and forth at a fixed speed.

Is there any way to jog faster or slower?

What about shuttle?

Thanks,

Dave S.

Guest martin-h

Hello,

in the transport-window (transport-button), right click the jog-wheel. This opens the window "playing parameter"..

Choose "active" in the section varipitch. Now you can choose all those options...

Regards,

martin

addition:

once you are in this mode, click the jog-wheel in the transport-window once again -> it's activated - now you can choose the "playing-rate" with the mouse-wheel...

m.

Guest martin-h

OK, sorry, I'm newbie too :o

But I have played around a little:

(all settings are default-shortcuts for v7 - sorry I don't have v8 - if there are other default-shortcuts, you can look/change in th e menu-shortcut-list...)):

you can completely manage those tasks via keyboard:

1. Transport-window -> right click wheel -> playing parameters. The playing-speed for scrubbing is set in the field: "Two speed".

2. Alt-shift-cursor-down: scrubbing-mode

3. Now: cursor right - scrub forward (with the speed set in field "two speed") / cursor left - scrub backwards. Simple.

4. while holding alt-shift: with cursor-right and cursor-left you can change the speed in small steps while scrubbing.

I hope this is valid for v8 too...

Regards, Martin

Guest martin-h

Another simplification:

to set the scrub-mode you can simply hit "Numpad 0" (before make sure it's active, at my keyboard I must enable with "Num" -> LED on).

-> while holding Numpad 0, cursor-right and cursor-left scrubs with the deafult scrub-speed (set in "two speed")

m.