Linking Tracks

Guest jblack

Guest martin-h

> Is there anyway to link all of the tracks in the VIP mixer, so that all levels can be adjusted together?

Yes! Select all faders you want to be included (click fader while holding strg). (all selected faders are now marked with a little red triangle).

Now hit: "build group" (right over the play button in the mixer).

Done.

(to ungroup just hit "ungroup" and deselect...)

In this manner other controls can be grouped too...

Martin

Thanks.

Interesting request. Why do you want to do that? What is the project?

I just needed an easier way to adjust the overall volume of my mixes. I think it's better to do it within the separate tracks rather than with the 2-bus master fader.

Guest GTBannah
.... I think it's better to do it within the separate tracks rather than with the 2-bus master fader ....

Never thought of that.

Should make for interesting discussion.

What do the other pros think .... :o

This could be a problem for some effect chains. For example if you have a drum mix going to bus #1 into a compressor and you turn down the separate tracks you will change how the signal is hitting the compressor. Not a good thing most of the time. It would also change anything that is volume sensative shuch as noise gates, reverbs setup with gates or volume dependant morphing. Be careful.

Jeff

Guest GTBannah
This could be a problem for some effect chains. For example if you have a drum mix going to bus #1 into a compressor and you turn down the separate tracks you will change how the signal is hitting the compressor. Not a good thing most of the time. It would also change anything that is volume sensative shuch as noise gates, reverbs setup with gates or volume dependant morphing. Be careful.

Jeff

Deep, but nice. :o

By the way, fellas, this is Mr. Samp/Seq himself. Listen to him!