Tempo sync VSTi

Guest Joenco

Hello all,

I use following editors.

Magix samplitude 6 producer

Magix music studio 2005

Traktion

I'm currently testing SAMP 8

I have problems using the midi metronome and trying tempo sync VSTi like NI reaktor.

I can't make ikt work and this is for me a real show stopper.

Who does use the above functions and has some tips.

Thank you,

Hi ,

I use Samp 8.1 and I've noticed that it only sends out tempo sync info for the initial tempo set on the Transport . If you have a song with different tempo's using tempo markers Sam seems to ignore them . Also apparently only the Audio metronome follows tempo changes .

Kraznet

Hello Kraznet,

As I have no rights to go in to the other user forum I would like to know what other users think about this.

I would also like to know how high this is on the developper feature list.

Could you ask this for me please?

Thank you,

I use the tempo markers in V7 with no problems. If you are using Reactor it locks to tempo shown on transport and is locked to tempo markers. VST effects also locked here. This is not connected to the midi metronome at all. If using an external midi device I would use a proper midi port anyway. I use SAM in my comercial studio and this works great! V8 is on the way and worth EVERY penny.

Jeff

use the tempo markers in V7 with no problems. If you are using Reactor it locks to tempo shown on transport and is locked to tempo markers. VST effects also locked here

Hi Jeff ,

From my experiments I found that if I was using a VST delay that that had sync to host capability e.g PSP84 it would only recognise the intial BPM set on the transport and ignore the subsequent tempo markers .So if the song was intially 80bpm the delay would sync but if a tempo marker was inserted at 120bpm later in the song the Delay would still remain at 80bpm even after crossing the tempo marker . Maybe you know something I don't know but when I posted on the user forum Volker acknowledged this and said that a fix was under construction.

Regards

Kraznet