Nuendo to Samplitude

Guest MikeG

I am testing out the demo version of Samplitude (V8) with a view to move from Nuendo 2.0 to Samplitude. I am performing a number of tests from which I will post some questions, but here are a couple to be going on with, so any help from Samplitude V8 users would be appreciated:

1. Is there any way to mute individual midi notes within the midi editor? The help file says that 'Notes can be muted in the Midi Object Editor', but I seem to be only able to mute sysex or controller events. Hiding notes within the midi editor does not prevent other notes from playing back.

2. Can someone confirm that 'multitrack bounce' will bounce each track to a separate file? So if I have 4 tracks with a midi object per track, routed to VST instruments, a multitrack bounce will produce 4 audio files with the vst audio content. I know this may seem obvious, but I cannot check this myself as the demo doesn't allow any audio export.

Regards

Mike Gill

Hi Mike

1. Is there any way to mute individual midi notes within the midi editor? The help file says that 'Notes can be muted in the Midi Object Editor', but I seem to be only able to mute sysex or controller events. Hiding notes within the midi editor does not prevent other notes from playing back.

As a far as I can tell it's not possible to mute individual notes yet. The help file gives the impression that it is possible but I haven't worked out how to do it .

I'll mention it in the user group .

2. Can someone confirm that 'multitrack bounce' will bounce each track to a separate file? So if I have 4 tracks with a midi object per track, routed to VST instruments, a multitrack bounce will produce 4 audio files with the vst audio content

Yes that is possible I just tried it .

Regards

Kraznet

Guest Sebastian Gabler

Hi Mike,

2. Can someone confirm that 'multitrack bounce' will bounce each track to a separate file? So if I have 4 tracks with a midi object per track, routed to VST instruments, a multitrack bounce will produce 4 audio files with the vst audio content. I know this may seem obvious, but I cannot check this myself as the demo doesn't allow any audio export.

in the full version, there is even a far more comfortable solution: Track Freezing. Samp/Sequoia has about the most comprehensive freeze options of all current DAWs. Among these options is Batch Freezing via the Trackmanager.

BR,

Sebastian

Thanks for the info Sebastian. I've certainly been impressed with the freeze functionality as described in the help file, the idea of a batch freeze or the multitrack bounce really appeals to me as I don't do much 'live' recording. Not having to bounce each track individually will be a great time saver.

Mike