Object oriented sequencing? what is it??

Guest DoeZer

Hi y'all

Im completely new, both here, and to Samplitude in general.

i dunno the first thing about it other than Ive read in a few places that it has a different workflow method to say, Cubase...

I use cubase SX and I like it alot, but I do find i can get bogged down sometimes moving things around alot.

Now, not being the super-brain Id like to be :o:lol:!! I am not able to put my finger on exactly whats wrong but all I know is something is telling me there has to be an easier way to work when Im trying to quickly arrange a track etc.

maybe Samplitudes the one!! who knows. i cant imagine not using SX at all, i realy on it too much but it could be down to sharing who knows....

can someone explain in real 'dummies' language what the essential differnece in workflow, work methods is when using sampliutude instead of SX...

thanks

D

can someone explain in real 'dummies' language what the essential differnece in workflow, work methods is when using sampliutude instead of SX...

thanks

D

Inputing your music into Samp and SX is more or less the same ( although you will have a lot more options regarding recording and formats in Samplitude).

The main difference in workflow comes from the object-orientated mixing aspects of Samplitude. Volume, fades, aux sends and fx can be set per object as well as per track. In other DAWs the tendancy may be to use lots of tracks for objects that occur once in a song - in Samplitude there is no need to clutter your arrangement with 100 tracks when 1 track can play host to as varied a sound source as you want.

There are so many other killer features - too many to mention, but another main one regarding workflow is the ability to burn a cd/dvd direct from your arrange page.

Best,

Adam

I am not able to put my finger on exactly whats wrong but all I know is something is telling me there has to be an easier way to work when Im trying to quickly arrange a track etc.

maybe Samplitudes the one!! who knows.

Objects can be grouped freely making arrangements much easier to try out.

Note, this is _much better than SXs folder implementation in terms of arranging tracks.

Best,

Adam