Video Cards

Guest Guest_Gene1995

Guest Guest_Gene1995

Just thought I'd throw this out there......We always seem to talk audio only.....How does your video card affect how your system performs? Or does it even matter when it come's to daw's? My card is only a 8 meg card in a pci slot and for the most part works well. I don't know much about how the video part works in relations to the audio. I'm not talking about audio/video sync's ....Just "plan old" everyday work. How much stuff is displayed on your screen at a given time...mixer, plug-ins, level meters jumping, etc.....Does larger meg video cards play a part in any way with samp?

Gene1995

Guest GTBannah

Thanx for asking, Gene. I've been forgetting to ask that, as well as, what card you use to get the video into the computer. I think that's what you call a video capture card, right fellas?

Correct....I use the Pinnacle Video Ver.8 to capture with. I think it's up to Ver.9 or 10 now. Pretty easy to use to capture. Best Buy..about $99.00. Here is a 30 sec clip of it sync'ed with samplitude..Works great and has good sound.....

Video Card Sync

As far as Samp itself........I just have a basic 8 meg video card which seems to work fine...I was just wondering about the video card with bigger monitors now, flats screens, being able to view more tracks on screen, mixer skins...things like that.....or does it even matter...The video card installed will in no way affect your audio in Samp?

gene