Using other sounds in the drum editor

James he

I'm a V6 user checking out the midi capabitities in V8. I find the piano roll and drum editors sufficient for my current needs, creating basic "scratch" tracks for pre-production basically. I would like to use other samples from within the drum editor. Is this possible? I opened up the drum map editor, but couldn't figure out how to use it. I was hoping to be able to browse to a wave file and assign it to a key or something like that. The help files made absolutely no sense to me.

I understand that the editor is not a drum sampler. Sonar seems to have the capability to load different sounds into it's (similar) editor through it's drum map. Was looking for a similar function in Samp. As I get comfortable with Midi, I'm just using the GM sounds. I would like to avoid having to rework my tracks once I get better sounds, but I guess I'll figure that out when I get there. I'm assuming with a drum sampler I can lay out a kit however I want- that's fine, but I'd rather just be able to load up a "better kit".

Guest Guest
Can robota not control a drum sampler thru MIDI? I should think this would be basic function.

Can battery control a drum sampler thru midi? Robota is virtual instrument with a built in step sequencer, not a drum editor.

The drum editor on the other hand can control any sound on any instrument with trigger signals and midi controllers. Just configure it with the map editor.