Realtime mixdown

Guest Guest_guest

Guest Guest_guest

Does the new samplitude have this feature? For vsti's that stream from disc this is important. Or is there some kind of workaround?

Guest Guest

Well cubase does this. Say you have a midi track, you want to bounce to wav. With 'realtime' clicked on it bounces it to wav in realtime. If the track is 3 minutes long the bounce takes 3 minutes. It's more precise. I guess you could just record the midi to a wav track. But I havn't gotten that far with the demo. I'm not sure how with samplitude.

Guest Guest
Well cubase does this. Say you have a midi track, you want to bounce to wav. With 'realtime' clicked on it bounces it to wav in realtime. If the track is 3 minutes long the bounce takes 3 minutes. It's more precise.

What a nonsense. Steinberg seems to be still a midi sequencer company with limited audio knowledge. A bounce, freeze or glue in Samplitude is precise. There is no quality difference to a "realtime" bounce. If you want a "realtime" record of the playback, you can use the option in the master channel, but I recommend the use of "freeze track".

Guest Guest

Gee, I don't know if it's nonsense but when mixing down a hefty 'stream from disc' vsti like BFD I'm getting dropouts on the cymbals. I don't have that problem with cubase.

Guest Guest

"a hefty 'stream from disc' "

Samplitude waits before all necessary "packets" arrive, before it continues with the next parts of a mixdown. Sometimes it needs much more time, than a realtime playback (must be ultra-high precise). With some dsp effects the best possible speed is realtime - you know, these cards can´t process faster, like the cpu. It´s clearly to see, Samplitude adapts the mixdown speed to the delivery of all data.

When you get dropouts, it must be another problem, maybe you are using an old version (I remember some dicussions about a bug in the 8.0 bouncing trackspeed) or it´s a "packet" failure of the drive. Happens sometimes with external firewire drives and cheap chips on the motherboard.

Guest Guest

Well, I tried using the "copy project" feature on the master bus and solo playing the BFD track and it produced a perfect rendering. I think my problem lies with my second HD not being fast enough, its kinda cheap.