VSTi midi to Audio

Guest Ed Wood

Guest Ed Wood

Helllo, Maybe i'm not doing this correct , In the Samplitude 8.2 demo I load up NI B-4 and the track is recorded as midi. How do I convert that track to Audio? Thanl you,Ed

Guest Kraznet
Helllo, Maybe i'm not doing this correct , In the Samplitude 8.2 demo I load up NI B-4 and the track is recorded as midi. How do I convert that track to Audio? Thanl you,Ed

Hi Ed ,

There are a few options for converting a VSTi midi track to audio . My prefered method is to use "Freeze Track" . You can do this by left clicking on the arrow to the right of the track name ( far left just above the meters ) to open the "Track Menu" . Then choose "Track Freeze" and the midi part will be replaced with a 32bit float bounce . ( you can undo or edit this freeze anytime in the future) . Another method is to go to the menu "Tools" and select "Track Bouncing (internal mixdown)" . There you will find many options for bouncing . You can choose "new separate Object in current VIP" which means that the midi part will remain and another track with the bounced version will be added underneath . Persoanlly I find the freeze method most convienient .

Regards

Kraznet

Guest Guest
How do I convert that track to Audio?

Finally the number one classic newcomer/crack user question from the steinberg forums arrived in Samplitude land.

Well done samplitude, seems like you did it.