Jump to content

manual


Guest wis
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's just good PR to offer the manual so potential customers can look more closely at what the program does. Demos do not allow all interested people, that are not as DAW savvy as some, the in depth look at the true potential of the program. 80% of similar host programs offer them. I would never consider buying a product from the other 20%. I'll check out the link, thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Kraznet
It's just good PR to offer the manual so potential customers can look more closely at what the program does.  Demos do not allow all interested people, that are not as DAW savvy as some, the in depth look at the true potential of the program.  80% of similar host programs offer them.  I would never consider buying a product from the other 20%.  I'll check out the link, thank you.

The online help is very useful and I rarely use the Manual . I became savvy with Samp just from using the demo and the online help.Try phoning Steinberg or Apple /Emagic , I doubt if they would give you a manual either unless you buy the program .

Regards

Kraznet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the demo contains a good online-help, imho.

Ok, thank you for informing me that this will be all I need.

The online help is very useful and I rarely use the Manual . I became savvy with Samp just from using the demo and the online help.

That's fine, and I even respect that, but as I mentioned before, it is not my method. I do not want to initially use the program and wade through tasks that I do not even know exist. My method is to read the manual to follow workflow. If I like what I see, then, and only then will I take it to the level of spending time with the demo. I appreciate all the encouragement to do it another way, but this is the way it works for me.

Try phoning Steinberg or Apple /Emagic , I doubt if they would give you a manual either unless you buy the program .

Ableton Live, GigaStudio 3 and Tracktion 2 are amongst several I just looked at, all with downloadable manuals (complete) in pdf. There are other prominent companies that do the same. There are also those that don't. As I said, they will never see my business and I would never recommend them. That's why I'm asking questions here.

I don't want to come across as crass, but it is very conescending to ask a question, if there is a pdf manual for 8.1 (my mistake on 8.2) not be given a direct answer (in this case, no), be told that I may be able to be helped if I answer further questions, then be told what is good enough for others should be just fine for me :huh: I obviously will not be met with diplomacy and respect for answers to my specific questions (which are for the good of anyone who travels here for information) without inquisition or spitefulness, particularly since I felt the need to defend myself/integrity. I guess this is why this is the free forum and I should expect that, but if the cost of admission is having to take a civil service exam to get straight answers to very straight questions, the price is too high.

I do appreciate Kraznet's answer and help, it was meant to be kind. Also, Tekkerue is also very helpful and understands how to help people and is willing and unselfish when assisting in answering questions. There are alot of posters hinding behind the name "guest". Why are you so lazy that you can't add a name? Feedback from such individuals is often useless, case in point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do apologize if I got a little irritated in my last response. While I was writing, I didn't realize I was as miffed as I came across :huh: . Now that I read my post, and though I do agree with my stance, it seems I could have been a little more diplomatic myself. I guess it's easy to get caried away, but at least I want to acknowledge I'm not a hot-headed jerk who can't see more than my own side :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, Tekkerue is also very helpful and understands how to help people and is willing and unselfish when assisting in answering questions.

Wow, thanks for the honorable mention wis. :lol: :lol:

There are alot of posters hinding behind the name "guest".  Why are you so lazy that you can't add a name?  Feedback from such individuals is often useless, case in point.

I am a beliver in the theory that a lot of the "guests" that come here and post rudely and obnoxiously are actually disgruntled Pro Tools users trying to scare people away from using Samp. :huh:

Anyways, like it has been said already the help file in the demo is great. It also has a search feature so you can look for info on certain features. The help file definitely was a big help while I was working with the demo version and even now that I have the printed manual, I'll still hit the help file instead of going for the manual.... But I guess that's partly out of laziness and the help file is much more convenient. ;)

-tkr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Business as usual on this forum. Many people here seems to think anyone asking "odd" questions is a software pirate. I've seen it time and time again.

I too like reading the manual before purchasing a product.....especially hardware manuals, which are offered on most h/w makers web pages. If not, I would never buy that particular hardware. Software should be the same way.

I just attempted to get a hardware/software demo, for the company I work for, of a Leich device which is so specialized, they would not demo it. However, they did send me a PDF of both the hardware brochure, and the software manual, which is very helpful.

Also, once printed, it makes GREAT toilet reading, which is where 50% of my manuals reside. :huh:

For the record, I have demoed Samp 8.11 and love it. In fact, I would even possibly consider buying it for my home studio. Quite frankly, as a Final Cut Pro only broadcast facility, multiple tracks are a given for our needs, and Sony's Soundforge works fine for us on the PeeCee side. As a small market broadcaster, we cannot justify the cash for a copy of Sequoia or Samp when technically, we are not a multitrack facility. I've tried to get Samp for 2 years now, but it always gets shot down by upper mgmt. Too expensive. Samp should be $599 and Sequoia should be $1299. End of discussion. Facts are facts.....I'll bet not many broadcast facilities are using Samp/Seq with the exception of the BBC. There are over 10,000 broadcasters in the USA alone (Radio and TV), and I'd bet there are not 10 of them using Magix products.

If Magix were to offer a full 4, 8 or 16 track version of Samp/Seq for a much lower price, broadcasters (not networks) would actually bite. Magix aims Sequoia at the broadcast market, but they fail to price a version for small market broadcasters, which would be the majority of broadcast sales.

Being greedy will ultimitly force magix to sell off their technology to someone like Digidesign or Cakewalk. Sad, but possibly true. In which case, broadcasters will opt for "cheap".

LeX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've tried to get Samp for 2 years now, but it always gets shot down by upper mgmt. Too expensive. Samp should be $599

You can get Samplitude Professional 8 for only $550. :huh:

First buy an older copy of Samplitude Producer 6.0 for $150:

http://www.jdsound.com/store/product1.asp?...Product_ID=3367

Then upgrade to Samplitude Professional 8 for $400:

http://www.jdsound.com/store/product1.asp?...Product_ID=3797

You will have to send an email with the serial number and a picture of your Samplitude Producer CD and manual to provide proof that you own Producer 6.0 so you can get the upgrade price.

-tkr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest sebastian.gabler

Hello,

There are over 10,000 broadcasters in the USA alone (Radio and TV), and I'd bet there are not 10 of them using Magix products.

I see what you are hinting at, however I will only partly agree.

There are hundreds of US broadcasters using Samplitude and Sequoia as full licensed customers, not to speak of the crack users that are admittedly around. But that's not the argument.

The other aspect is that there are a lot of broadcasters around demanding broadcast specific features. These features are not about track count, these features are about productivity, networkability, workflow integration, relyablity and scaleability. Some of these are admittedly to be developed for a limited market with the same efford as something you can sell a million times a week.

A fair calculation of these features scales the price with the market opportunities. Same does the competition. Broadcast editors are often by far more costly than even Sequoia. I have seen so many DSP based workstations around that live their live as enhanced tape machines only (costing 5-10 times more than Sequoia, being slower and less appropriate!) , not to speak of the broadcast tailored editors that are around all for a 4-digit price tag. So finding the right price is quite a task, as to my experience.

I know that a lot of the smaller broadcasters just don't see the need for craft editing that as many live just from playing music, some use MediaPlayer as their playoutsystem. But that's the situation. The good things will survive, and I am very confident to see them all again one day.

Best regards,

Sebastian Gabler

MAGIX Product Specialist Broadcast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...