Tempo/Time Signature Markers

leprechaun

Hi there,

I have Samplitude Studio V6 and I am contemplating upgrading to V8.2 Pro. One of the (many) reasons will be for the tempo map which I desperately need.

I downloaded the V8 demo but seem to have a problem when entering time signature or tempo changes. For example, when I enter a tempo change on say bar 30, the program will change the value of the bar to a random no. either side of bar 30, e.g 29.03.92.111. It does this without fail every time I try to enter a new tempo / time signature change which is extremely frustrating. It will also change the order of the tempo markers, e.g I might have 8 tempo changes in a song which I enter in order 1-8 however the program will display them on the list in a random order.

All I need to know really is if there is a fix for this or if anybody else has experienced this and knows of a workaround. I need this feature desperately and it is the only thing stopping me from upgrading. I tried reinstalling the demo but this doesn't change matters unfortunately.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi monkeypusher69,

Thanks for your post, once you brought my attention to locking the tracks I noticed that there was a box checked in the tempo/time signature markers screen which basically says only apply tempo/time signature changes to locked tracks (or something like that, it's on my other windows partition so can't see it now).

Once I unchecked that it worked without a flaw. 8.2 here I come....

Cheers for your help.

Guest Sammie

Just wanted to say, "Samplitude ROCKS!"

Being an educator, I'm "financially poor" and unable to keep immediate pace with current upgrades. I sincerely trust a friend of mine who says Samp 8.2 by far out-performs any other competitive software out there. He's as critical as they come ... and absolutely LOVES Samplitude. I see myself getting 8.2 in the near future. It may mean low-grade dining for a while, but oh well. :huh:

Does Samp offer any discounts for educators??? :lol: