Limited to 16 VST Outputs?

wolfbayne

Okay, it's looking like I'll make a purchase if this one issue is resolved in 8.2 (dunno if it is since the demo I'm using is only 8.11). The issue I'm having trouble with is VST outputs. I've decided that I am going to purchase BFD. However, BFD has more than 16 outputs and Samplitude bundles some outputs together that are normally separated in other hosts (most all the hosts that I've tried allow for more than 16 VST outputs). Is this fixed in 8.2?

Guest sebastian.gabler

Hello,

this aspect was being discussed recently. Let me first say, that there is no limitation to 16 Outputs in Samplitude or Sequoia. We support full 256 Outputs.

There have been some truncation issues before 8.2 that got fixed, and there may still be some issues that FXpansion needs to sort out to properly recognize all potential hosts.

As V8 supports Rewire, this is a viable and working option.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Okay, for adding the BFD VSTi using the mono tracks option seems to be what I need. It appears that the problem lies with Samplitude's handling of more than 8 stereo VST outs in the demo. Additionally, most hosts I've worked with handle stereo and mono VST outs automatically. I read that 8.2 some changes were added to this procedure, but I can't tell without seeing it. Check out how Cubase SX 3 handles BFD's outputs for an example. I read that Sonar 4 goes one better and doesn't truncate the VSTi output names when adding the tracks in the GUI - that would be a cool feature.

Guest sebastian.gabler

Hello,

using VSTi- Interface the 17 outputs are currently mapped to 16 Samplitude Inputs (cymbal 2+3 are together on one stereo track). This has to be fixed from FXpansion. They mistread Samplitude as a host that can only do 16 Inputs. I need to stress, that we can only take the VSTi as it is presented to us, and at the moment this is 16 Outputs. The Mono/Stereo issues are fixed in 8.2 .

Using the Rewire Interface, you see all 17 Outputs of BFD also now. So, there is an option that defintly works.

That's what there is to say, I guess.

Cheers,

Sebastian

What has to be fixed from FXpansion? I know BFD works in several hosts the way it's supposed to regarding the correct number of outputs that are added to the track lists when the VSTi is added to the project. I find it hard to believe FXpansion has a conditional line of code that singles out Samplitude from the other hosts and does something like...

if bfd.host = samplitude then

bfd.host.vst.outputs = 16

end if

Is that what you're saying?

I know the guys at FXPansion have stated that it was their undestanding that the issue is with Samplitude. I didn't want to start some sort of finger pointing session here - I'm just trying to understand what the problem really is.

Guest sebastian.gabler

Hi,

Yes. That's what I am saying. And I even mean that. No insult, as before 8.2 it was maybe wise.... :blink:

As I said: you always have the rewire option. the function is redundant.

Cheers,

Sebastian

• 2 weeks later...