Samp lost my CD drives

Dan Smith

Help!!

I have Samp Pro 6.04, and I recently upgraded to XP from 98se. The problem is - since the upgrade - I can't load audio tracks from either CD drive (Sony CD-RW and NEC DVD-RW). So today I decided to remove all drives in the "drive configuration" menu (hoping the program would then search for and reconfigure the drives). Unfortunately it did not, and now all I get is a "Your CD drive is not supported" error whenever I click on "Load Audio Tracks". I can no longer even get to the "drive configuration" menu! My drives both show up in the CD-R configuration, so I can burn to them, but I can't import audio from them. I tried reinstalling but still the same problem.

I don't have an answer, but it deserves one. This question was asked two days ago.

Meanwhile another person asked a pre-buy question one day ago relating to a feature in 8.2 (since it can't be demo'd) and received three responses to ongoing questions (which he also deserved) from the same Samp admin.

Maybe this is not the solution for Dan Smith, but what is the deal with supporting CD drives? Are there updates for those that get new CD drives with older software? What if a person buys Samplitude 6 new on ebay or as new old stock from a dealer?

Can someone tell Dan that either more information is needed, they don't know what's wrong or an answer is forthcoming? That would be called manners, even if he uses an older version that isn't leading to spending more money.

Guest sebastian.gabler

hello,

Support for registered V6 users is available from prosupport as given in the manual and on the website.

I am sorry, but I can't tell precisely what the solution is. There is a reset button in the drive configuration. Burt that's documented e.g. in the manual, so I think as an experienced user you have already used this fuction at no avail.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Not only can I not get any help on this issue, but now I had to re-register in order to post a reply - as somehow I lost permission to post here. I've sent two emails to "Leo" but no answer.

I'm a legal Samp 6 owner, but I've been unable to register the product - since the registration page asks for a registration code, and I don't have one - never did to my knowledge. What I do have is my original 5.9 serial number - but it won't accept that. I don't think I got a serial number with my 6.0 disk.

So I'm stuck here - since the sekd.com newsgroup is no longer around.

As for my CD drive problem, I can't get to the "reset button" - since I can't even get to the drive configuration page. The sad thing is that I used my CD drives to rip audio into Samp all the time before I upgraded to XP. It's very frustrating!

Guest GTBannah
I'm a legal Samp 6 owner, but I've been unable to register the product - since the registration page asks for a registration code, and I don't have one - never did to my knowledge. What I do have is my original 5.9 serial number - but it won't accept that. I don't think I got a serial number with my 6.0 disk.

When I bought V6, the serial number was on a little sticker on the CD envelpoe. I had missed it. Maybe yours is there too. :blink:

Guest patsplat
I don't think I got a serial number with my 6.0 disk.

So I'm stuck here - since the sekd.com newsgroup is no longer around.

Hi...the newsgroup is now here...

news://news.nv.net/samp-seq

When I bought V6, the serial number was on a little sticker on the CD envelpoe.

yep...that's where mine is...front-bottom- left of the envelope the disc came in.

Guest sebastian.gabler

Hi Daniel,

do you have any Image mounters on your PC. Quite nasty ones come with Itunes, Roxio, a usually better one (but still problematic) with Nero (optional)? If so, get rid of them, please and try again.

These Data filters can block the access to the CD drive.

About the support: you can still contact proservice, as given on the homepage. If you can register as a V5 customer, no problem. Best option: calling them between 10 and 15 MET at +49-351-4174716.

You just don't have the Support Forum. That's for V7 and V8 customers exclusively.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Thanks patsplat for the newsgroup addy, I've really missed that.

Sebastian, I do have Nero, but I'm not sure what an "image mounter" is. I also have winamp and music match, as well as the whole real player, media player streaming software going on. I definitely have too many audio softwares on this computer! What I don't understand about this problem though is Samp sees my drives fine for burning - just not ripping. Very strange.

As for my serial number, I think the serial number I have is actually for my V6 CD, I just took that CD out of the paper sleeve and put the 5.9 CD there (it's all coming back to me now!). But the magix registration site doesn't accept that for some reason. Oh well, if the forum isn't for V6 owners, I guess there's no good reason to continue trying to register this software.

Guest GTBannah
if the forum isn't for V6 owners, I guess there's no good reason to continue trying to register this software.

.... just an excellent reason to upgrade .... :blink:

We're waiting .... B)

Guest sebastian.gabler

Hello,

of course I follow Derrkin's recommendation. But it must be said that the registration at least offers you the other support options that have existed when V6 was the current version, such as the Hotline.

Best,

Sebastian

OK, well my problem is I can't register. The registration page won't accept the one serial number I have. Besides, it doesn't ask for a serial number, it asks for a "registration code" which apparently is something different. And, as far as I can see, there's no function within the Samp software to register online.

Is there some other way to register this product?

Hey Daniel, that is great! Good thing patsplat provided the newsgroup link, you were able to get the answer on your own at least. I love that, go to the forum so you can find out you need to go elsewhere for the answer. Good thing you got a solution when you did, you were beginning to show the profile of a crack user :blink: