Help..Registered V8 user locked out of Forum

Guest Kyle Ashley

Guest Kyle Ashley

Hi.....I just set up a new notebook computer and I can no longer get into the Samplitude V8 forums. I had a new password emailed to me, have had the same username and login name since V7, but it still won't let me enter. Checked all browser and firewall settings, etc.

I've also emailed support@magix with no luck. Does anyone here have an idea of who I can contact to straighten this out? I can't even modify my profile or password because it won't let me enter.

Guest Kyle Ashley

Hi Sebastian...thanks for checking in with me! I go to www.samplitude.com...under Service and Support, I click on Samplitude Support.....that takes me to the Samplitude V7/V8 Support Center Login........I enter my Log in name (which is my email address), enter my password.....then it just takes me back to the blank log in form again....I tried using my old password and it tells me "your given data are not correct, please check spelling and capitalization."

I've emailed for password help, and it just sends me the password I'm already trying to use. As for log in name(email), I've been using the same one for 8 years, and it's not been changed within the Samplitude forum.

Thanks for any more information you can pass along.

Guest patsplat
I can no longer get into the Samplitude V8 forums.

<snip>

Checked all browser and firewall settings, etc.

Hi...try using a different browser like mozilla firefox.I had that happen to me on one machine last year and that seemed to do the trick...have you tried to get in using a different computer?

Guest Kyle Ashley

Hi Sebastian,

I know my user name is my real name, but my LOGIN name to access the forum is my email address. It even specifies that in parentheses. It has been that way since day 1 of the V7/V8 forum. The login page I get asks for 2 items and looks like this:

login name (email):

password:

I've been logging in 2-3 times a day for the last 2 or 3 years, so I know how to do it. I've gotten 2 frustrating emails from magix telling me 1) check your password and 2) check to make sure I have the case sensitive letters correct.

I appreciate the suggestions, but at this point I've double checked the obvious 100 times. I know my log in name and I know my password. Just to verify, I've had Magix has email my password 3 or 4 times in the last 4 days and it's exactly the same as what I'm using. 2 lower case letters, and 4 numbers. very simple.

I deleted all cookies and reset all browser settings. When attempting to access the site fresh, I still get told that my data is incorrect. I doubt that it's something in my browser, as I was able to set up a new name and password to access this newcomer forum just to seek help with this problem, and it grants me access with no problem.

Who is the forum administrator? If I could notify him/her directly, perhaps they could have a look at my account "from the inside" and see what is going on?