SUPPORT FOR PRODUCTS PAST!

Guest Sumrzz

Guest Sumrzz

:blink: I AM VERY FRUSTRATED! You know it's one thing to use Samplitude for track creation on the side and small projects, however I use it for my business with creating commercials for Radio/TV. I have depended on this software for years! But if something goes wrong, I cannot get a fix for it unless I spend EVEN MORE MONEY to upgrade to another version. THIS IS REDICULOUS!

Where is the SAM 6 Support Page?

Where is the SAM 6 support telephone number?

Where is the SAM 6 FORUM?

Where do I get SAM 6 Upgrades?

Why would I upgrade to another level when I don't get the support I need now?

I guess maybe it's time to move on to a competitor if I don't get a resolution within a day.

Guest msparti

What wrong with the Samplitude v6 you have now? B) THIS is the Samplitude support page,... also... email proservice@magix.net; the online support is for v7 and above. (a online feature that comes with upgrading).

BUT:

WOW!!! B) Your doing commercials for radio and TV? Yet,.. you cannot afford to upgrade your software? ;) Something just isnt right there. :blink:

Samp v6 is old,..(but still good, as I have it installed too) Samp v7 and Samp v8 have been out for a while now with many improvements.

I know what you mean! I was a v6 user right up until I swiched to version 8 a few months ago. It seems like v6 has been dropped off the face of the planet or something. No patch upgrades or even a mention of it anywhere on the site. If you have problems, you should still be able to email them though... So you still have that option.

Anyways, all of that aside, the v8 upgrade is most DEFINITELY worth it. The feature upgrade from v6 is like night and day... Real time Room Simulator, Analog Modelling and Vintage Effects Suite plugins, Elastic Audio, "real" VST support (no more blasted VST-DX adaptor :blink:), another big one for me was the multiband dynamics is at the track level now (instead of only at object level), Track Freeze.... The list goes on and on. B)

-tkr

(((What wrong with the Samplitude v6 you have now? )))

Okay here's what's up. I'm getting this

"INVALID MCI DEVICE IN USE. THE ID RETURNED WHEN OPENING THE

MCI DEVICE"

I get this when I'm trying to record. I hit record, it engages, then I hit record again and it throws up that prompt. No error messages, nothing. Just the above. So I hit Okay then it starts recording.

Now here's the kicker. I've reloaded the software twice, I've reloaded my sound car twice. I've reloaded all drivers twice and still get it. I've been on the phone with Microsoft for about 3 hours now, I've been on the phone with SONY for 30 minutes now and they both are telling me I need to get in contact with SAMPLITUDE.

So here's my point. I can reach Sony and Microsoft on the phone but I have to wait to get Samplitude help! :blink:

See the problem with support is that I'm tired of having to wait. I need

answers now, not two days from now when someone get's around to answering my emails. When you have projects your currently working on

like I do, I don't have time for down time. I need answers and I need them now.

Thank you for the suggestion of emailing Proservice. Unfortunately as of today 9am central time, I've heard nothing. Absolutely nothing.

(((WOW!!! Your doing commercials for radio and TV? Yet,.. you cannot afford to upgrade your software? Something just isnt right there. )))

I'm from the school of "If it's not broke don't fix it." If the software has worked great up to this point (and it has) why should I upgrade and spend another 7 to 800 bucks when everything has worked fine up to this point? If you knew what I do you would understand.

Here's a question for you. What would happen if Microsoft quit offering support for Windows 98? Answer? You would have people pissed off.

Well I'm there.

I just checked the "other" magix site (magix.net) and they do have a tech support number there. So you could try giving them a call.

http://site.magix.net/english-us/home/comp...ntact/?version=

As a side note, I was also very content with v6 which is why I skipped the v7 upgrade all-together.... But the v8 upgrade is definitely worth the upgrade cost. Which version of v6 are you using, Producer, Studio, or Master?

-tkr

Guest msparti
(((What wrong with the Samplitude v6 you have now? )))

Okay here's what's up. I'm getting this

"INVALID MCI DEVICE IN USE. THE ID RETURNED WHEN OPENING THE

MCI DEVICE"

Did you upgrade your computer or MB? I bet it is something very simple.

If your not doing any midi in that project,.. go to "Y" (system settings) and disable the midi in Samplitude and see what happens then,.. also...check those settings too... you INI file may have corrupted. When you reinstalled Samp,..did you uninstall the previous install or install over it?

Your sound card may have midi I/O as well,.. also your MB may too,.. make sure it is all set up correct. (or OFF/Disabled) I dont think it's anything other than a setting somewhere that got corrupted or changed. Doesnt sound like it anyway.

Calling MS support is the LAST thing I'd do,..

Mike

Hey regardless of how my experience is going, you guys have been great

by giving me some terrific advice. I'll try several of the items you've mentioned.

Thanks again for listening..I really appreciate it. I really love this software

because of the speed and ease of use. Iit's been great over the years and great for my business. I'm sure you can relate to the pressures of getting things completed on time.

Thanks again

Summers