Classic vs Pro

Guest willsing

Guest willsing

Hi,

I have been playing around with Sam Pro V8 demo for a couple of days. I can't really afford to buy Sam Pro at this point and could probably get by with Classic. My main concern is if Classic has the same audio engine, dynamics and EQ as its big brother. I know what the differences are as stated in the comparison chart, but just wanted to make sure. Any comments by users of Classic? How about the reverb....does it sound good? I can tell you I'm really excited about Sam. I have been on Cubase for 5 years and am not able to get quite the transparent sound that I am hearing with Sam.

Thanks,

Will

Actually, you can get Professional for $50 more than Classic by first buying Samplitude Producer 6.0 for $150 and then upgrading to v8 Professional for $400.... Grand total = $550. B)

All you have to do to get the upgrade is send them an email with a picture of your 6.0 installation CD and manual, and give the serial number and you can upgrade for $400. I did my v8 upgrade through JDSound (http://www.jdsound.com/store/product1.asp?...Product_ID=3797) and they are on the ball.... They called me within 6 hours of my sending in my order to verify that I had sent an email with the pictures of the CD and manual.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like JDSound offers Samplitude Producer 6.0 anymore, but you can get that from audiomidi.com. You could even call and ask them about getting both at the same time, they'll obviously know that you own it (since you just bought it from them).... I kind of doubt that'd work, but it's worth asking. LOL :blink:

http://www.audiomidi.com/Samplitude-6-Prod...ucer-P6134.aspx

-tkr