VST Presets / Classic upgrade

dln

Hi,

Another possible convert here. Samplitude has made quite the impression on me from the demo and what I've read from other users.

A couple of pre-sale questions though:

1) Does samplitude manage VST presets/patches well? One thing that's nice about Nuendo is the 'Store Preset' , offering a quick and simple way of storing and transferring settings for insert FX and VSTis between instances.

2) Can you record multiple MIDI devices to a track at once, like for instance if you have a master keyboard and a control surface for VSTi parameters?

3) Is it possible to upgrade from Sam 8 Classic to Sam 8 Professional, and if so - how much does it cost? I've been unable to find a price for that on the web. (I know about the advantage of crossgrades and upgrading from V6.)

Thanks,

-d

Guest sebastian.gabler
1) Does samplitude manage VST presets/patches well? One thing that's nice about Nuendo is the 'Store Preset' , offering a quick and simple way of storing and transferring settings for insert FX and VSTis between instances.

I would say yes.

2) Can you record multiple MIDI devices to a track at once, like for instance if you have a master keyboard and a control surface for VSTi parameters?

You have to merge the MIDI devices externally.

3) Is it possible to upgrade from Sam 8 Classic to Sam 8 Professional, and if so - how much does it cost? I've been unable to find a price for that on the web. (I know about the advantage of crossgrades and upgrading from V6.)

Yes. It's the difference price between the products with the same version number plus eventual upgrade fees, if you go from 7 classic to 8Pro or from 7 Pro to 8 Sequoia and so on. Simple and straight.

cheers,

Sebastian