Updating Samplitude V8 "Studio" Version

Guest JWG

Hello,

I purchased Samplitude V8 "Studio" version from Guitar Center, and was wondering if it can be updated to 8.21 (or updated at all)? On the box it says the "functionality" of the Studio version is the same as the Classic version. Does this mean that Studio IS Classic and just using a different name since it is being sold as a Guitar Center "exclusive," or is it really different and hence a fourth version of Samplitude V8? I do not want to open the box (no returns on opened software, of course) until I'm sure that I can update it like all the other versions (Master, Classic and Professional). Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello again,

Well I have answered my own question. I just decided to go for it. This is what I have found: The "Studio" version of Samp 8 sold as a Guitar Center Exclusive is indeed the "Classic" version sold everywhere else. How do I know? It says so on the CD and on the program itself once installed. I also updated it to 8.2 with no problem (I updated to 8.11 then to 8.2). I am very happy since Studio/Classic sells for $300 at Guitar Center versus $500 everywhere else. So I got the V8 Classic version at the V8 Master version price, that is a pretty sweet deal in my book. :blink:

It's $299 dollars for Studio/Classic (I got them to pay the tax, I always negotiate prices at Guitar Center) at Guitar Center. But you can only get this deal at the store itself, I don't know anywhere else that sells Classic for $300 and on the Synthax site (Synthax.com) they say it's a Guitar Center exclusive.

Yes, it does use a dongle, and I was concerned, having heard various dongle horror stories (especially with Cubase apparently), but I've had no problem with it and it is pretty easy to install and register (read the V8 activation tutorial on the Samplitude home page). I don't know what anyone else does, but I just leave the dongle plugged in all the time. Anyway, hope this helps.