AC3 Support!!

castellanos

I have AC3Filter and ACM AC3 Codec installed and the only thing that Samplitude Pro 8 did, was converting the files into a 2 channels wave... then of course it's not possible to save the file as an AC3, you have to save it as a wav... and that is not what I'm planning to do.

Anyway, the extension .ac3 is not supported by SamPro 8.

Any other suggestion?

Guest sebastian.gabler
then of course it's not possible to save the file as an AC3, you have to save it as a wav... and that is not what I'm planning to do.

You said "reading" I asked: Reading only? You said "yes, Reading".

What you say now is not possible with reading only. That means writing a file. You need an encoder. Digigram and soundforge Ac3 encoders are tested and work.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Originally posted by sebastian.gabler:

You said "reading" I asked: Reading only? You said "yes, Reading".

Eh... I'm sorry but can you tell me where did you ask "Reading only?" and where did I answer "Yes"? :blink:... Or it's a joke?

Anyway, thank for the reply. I didn't know about soundforge Encoder... I knew about Sonic Foundry SoftEncode, a very old program.

Digigram is totally unknown for me, I'll get some information.

Thanks.

Guest sebastian.gabler

you said "open" first. That is equivalent to reading, maybe even less that that as for reading additional actions are required.. I referred to reading, you replied "Reading..." on jan18th.

Whatever.

SonicFoundry and Digigram are your option for encoding.

Cheers,

Sebastian

you said "open" first. That is equivalent to reading, maybe even less that that as for reading additional actions are required.. I referred to reading, you replied "Reading..." on jan18th.

Ok...

The only thing I saw by Sound Forge AC3 Encoder, comes together with Vegas Studio or DVD Architect... (Talking about Sony) or do you realy mean the old Sonic Foundry SoftEncode? Is that what I have to install in order to work with ac3 files on SamPro 8?

Which plug-in by Digigram do you mean? I saw many tools... most of them bound to a specific Digigram sound cards... Is that true?

Greetings! :blink: