SFR90

Guest Magix

I'm interested in sam classic and SFR90 would be a great way to check out the program - is it possible to try out SFR90 and - if I want to buy the full version after SFR90 - crossgrade??

What is the difference between offline(Classic version) and realtime( Pro version) Room simulation - can someone explain how the two differs??

I did not put it very well :blink:

This is from the Samplitude.com site concerning the SFR90 offer:

" This one-time investment is certainly not wasted. If you decide to buy the full version after your leasing period is over, the amount paid during the leasing period goes 100% towards your final purchase."

If I have tried SFR90 for 90 days and I want to buy Sam Classic will the 3 x 49 euros still be deducted if I crossgrade at the same time?? (crossgrade price 299 euro minus the 3 x 49euro lease so 152euros total)

And what is the difference between offline and realtime room simulation???

Thanks!

Guest Kraznet
I did not put it very well :blink:

This is from the Samplitude.com site concerning the SFR90 offer:

" This one-time investment is certainly not wasted. If you decide to buy the full version after your leasing period is over, the amount paid during the leasing period goes 100% towards your final purchase."

If I have tried SFR90 for 90 days and I want to buy Sam Classic will the 3 x 49 euros still be deducted if I crossgrade at the same time?? (crossgrade price 299 euro minus the 3 x 49euro lease so 152euros total)

And what is the difference between offline and realtime room simulation???

Thanks!

According to this http://www.samplitude.com/de/sfr_NE.htm you WILL get the 3 x 49euros deducted from the price of Sam Classic if you decide to buy it. Although it doesn't specify about crossgrades .

Realtime Room simulation means that you can use it on objects and sends etc and hear the results as the song plays back "realtime"

Offline means that you can only use it distructively meaning rendering it into a audio file . I'd go for realtime everytime personally .

I suggest you contact Marco at SFR who deals with the financial side of things :

MAGIX AG

Marco Radke

Borsigstr. 24

32312 Luebbecke

GERMANY

Tel.: +49 (0)5741- 34 55-15

Fax: +49 (0)5741- 310 768

Email: mailto:mradke@magix.net

Regards

Kraznet

Thanks Kraznet

But I'm still not getting the offline/destructive thing with room simulation :blink:

I have the sam 8 demo but when I try the room simulation on the master bus nothing happens so I cannot test it for my self - can you give an example of how offline room simulation works?? Lets say I have a mix with 20 tracks and I want to use room simulation on the snare track - can I then use the RS on the snare track insert and then what happens???

Thanks!

Guest Kraznet

Try this : Put a Room Sim on an Aux bus then select and audio object - snare for example from the VIP/Arrange window . Right click on it and select Object Editor > Object Effects . Now you will see 2 Aux sends . Grab the horizontal bar of the first one and drag it to the right . It should turn orange . You are now sending the snare to the first Aux Bus/Room Sim you just inserted on the Aux buss. Now hit play and you should hear that snare mixed with what ever Room Sim impulse is selected . This is real time .

Now select another wave from the VIP/Arrange window . Right click on that wave and select Effects (distructive) > Room Simulator . Choose the response you need and the click on the Play/Stop button at the bottom left hand corner to hear what it sounds like. Adjust parameters to taste . When you are happy click OK and the file will be re rendered with the Room Sim added to the file . This is what offline/distructive means . The file is now mixed in with the Room Sim effect . I haven't used Sam Classic so I can't be sure thats exactly how it works offline but I think it will be similar.

This should show you the differences. Realtime gives you the flexibily of adjusting the Room Sim without having to "hard wire" the effect therefore giving more flexibilty . Offline/distructive means you have to make the discision to "hard wire " the effect there and then giving less flexibilty .

Regards

Kraznet

Guest Kraznet
I mailed samplitude@magix.net yesterday saying that I would like to order SFR90 Samplitude Classic but would it be better/easier to mail Marco insted??

Thanks

When I ordered SFR I emailed servicesfr@magix.net or you could also phone +49 (0) 5741 3455 30 (weekly 9.00 am and 5 pm) .

Regards

Kraznet

Well not the best experience with support!!

I mailed Sam for Rent last friday that I wanted to sign up for SFR90 Samplitude Classic - Monday I got a mail that said I should fill out the Sam for Rent formular and mail/fax it back to him (Andreas) - I mailed back that I could not find any SFR90 formulars on the Samplitude site.

I then got a mail back Tuesday with a direct link to the Sam for Rent formular but that was a link to the 25 month Sam for Rent option and not SFR90 that is adverticed on samplitude.com. I mailed back that I was not interested in a 25 month lease of Samplitude Classic but the SFR90 and now I have had no response from Support since Tuesday :blink:

Is that really so difficult to respond to a potential customer?? Why advertice for SFR90 when it is not possible for potential customers to sign up??

Guest Kraznet

Sorry to hear about your problems . Thinking back I had to fill in the form as well but then again I'm on the 25 month SFR. There doesn't seem to be a contract for the 90 day version . I would have thought they could at least email you the correct form to fill in as there doesn't seem to be one on the website for SFR90 . Hope it works out for you.

Regards

Kraznet