Comparative Comments?

southae

Hi, Folks!

I've been using both Wavelab (version 5.01b) and Samplitude Producer (ver. 6.0) for awhile now. I use Samplitude for multi-channel recording but haven't invested the time yet to expand into CD mastering using it, since I started with WL. However, recent upgrade pricing with WL has led me to further consider upgrading my Samplitude product to version 8. Anybody out there who can provide a reasonable, albeit likely biased here on the Samplitude forum :unsure: , comparison between the two products?

I'd be interested to learn what others have found, especially those who've been fortunate to use both products.

Thanks in advance for any information you can shed on my query!

AES ;:-)

• 2 weeks later...

I think prospective and potential users are the only ones here, so a biased opinion may actually be hard to find...

I can't really provide a good side-by-side comparison other than to say that I have tried Wavelab a few times - it is a nice app. However I always went back to Samplitude - I've been using Samplitude Master 6 for CD mastering for several years and like it quite a bit more. Works great, easy and fast to edit and compile a master, set markers, CD text, etc. Never a problem with it.

Hi, Folks!

I've been using both Wavelab (version 5.01b) and Samplitude Producer (ver. 6.0) for awhile now. I use Samplitude for multi-channel recording but haven't invested the time yet to expand into CD mastering using it, since I started with WL. However, recent upgrade pricing with WL has led me to further consider upgrading my Samplitude product to version 8. Anybody out there who can provide a reasonable, albeit likely biased here on the Samplitude forum :unsure: , comparison between the two products?

I'd be interested to learn what others have found, especially those who've been fortunate to use both products.

Thanks in advance for any information you can shed on my query!

AES ;:-)

Well I used both Wave Lab 5.01b and Samplitude Professional 8.0, and I've seen what SP8 is more powerfull in many features (the prices says much)

Wave Lab 5 is some same to Sound Forge 8, but WL has more visual features to see the sound in real time than SF8 hasn't many developed

Well, with SP8, I've edited 21 soundtracks to DVD (music in live), each track was edited separatly and all ran at same time, so I could see the difference and variations of sound in each song located in differect track and give, improvise or clear effects and values' volume.

That project could be made in Acid Pro 5, but I tried use SP8 and got it! the mixer in Samplitude Professional 8, is impresionat and more helpfull than in AP5.

Well, alreay I gave you my personal viewpoint,

You have the final decision.

luck!