Need info before i buy!!!

Will Samplitude work on my dual processor? (not dual core)

It's very important that i know this!!! And if not, will it be supported in the future?!!

As for midi: can i import Cubase midi project with its folder tracks in Sam.? or should i expect any problem?...

While we are on the subject, any of you work with SAM/cubase for midi? Is Sam still behind Cubase? or can i switch to Samplitude for midi and leave cubase behinde?...Cause i really like cubase for midi but would rather do everything in Sam. and forget about cubase. I've tried the demos and saw that it's much better but would still like to hear from users.

P.S. I really hope i can get an answer!!!

O.K. I have one answer to ''my'' question: Sam 8 does not support dual cpu but will be in Sam 9,

Also, Midi should be better in Sam 9 witch is very good altough they've come a long way already.

As for my last question: '' can i import Cubase midi project with its folder tracks in Sam.? or should i expect any problem?..."

i expect that it will but would still like to have some feedback from people who used it.

Thank you!

Guest FrankProposch
As for my last question: '' can i import Cubase midi project with its folder tracks in Sam.? or should i expect any problem?..."

This won't work. You get the track seperation of midi data, but you loose object and folder info - you would import the midi via SMF *(standard midi file format, .mid) and there is no way to keep any meta-information about folders and objects.

This works for audio, though (at least for object info) but you either need to buy EDLconvert or you use OMF export (only in Nuendo) and convert this with the free EDLtranslate application.

Greetings,

Frank

Guest FrankProposch

You can try Samplitude SE which is quite cheap and upgradable to sam classic or professional. Despite that there is no shortcut editor, nearly all MIDI features are available in SE, so you can try if it is ok for you.

I can do all my MIDI stuff with sam without any problems.

Greetings,

Frank