[help req] "mute" Guitar Combos?

Ichiban

hi there :unsure:

I just bought Samplitude SE 8.3, the price was very charming :D but I've never used any version before and I am totally n00b about it, so I've stopped before this problem: I downloaded the AC-BOX Guitar Combos demo from NI site, and enabled it as VST into an audio track in Samplitude... but no matter what I do, no processed signal hit my ears :(

I just get the clean sound of my guitar...

How can I enable Guitar Combos to process the signal realtime and, eventually, render it to the track? (a step by step may save my life :D)

Please anyone can help me? :D

thanks

How can I enable Guitar Combos to process the signal realtime and, eventually, render it to the track? (a step by step may save my life :D)

Please anyone can help me? :unsure:

thanks

Hi,

Go to Play/Rec/Monitoring and enable Software FX Monitoring. You may need to check that using are running Asio drivers first. Do this by pressing "y" to bring up the program options windows, and choose your Asio device.

On the track with the FX, you may also need to enable "forced monitoring" by clicking on the little speaker icon.

You'll find there is some latency between you playing the guitar and hearing the processed sound, but you can lower this by reducing the Asio buffer size (in the same "program options" window). Lower buffers means lower latency but can be at the expense of playback stability, so some trial and error is required.

That should get you going. :D

Cheers,

Simon.