manual for se users

c.gymer

I've been using se for a while now and would more than anything else in the world love to have a manual. Is there anywhere that I can get a hold of one, because the help files in se seem to be made up of earlier versions of SAM and Sequoia which is driving me nuts!

Using SE for about 8 weeks now I am at the same point. The help-file does not explain all the possibilitys within SE or shows wrong discriptions or pics. For that, it seems to be nearly useless.

And I don´t think, that there will be an update or a newer help-file to come. "Real" support is only given to the classic and pro-users.

And I think, that this is a wrong way to get new customers. As SE is a nearly perfect, stabil and powerfull software at a cheap price, it is perfect for those starting into the world of DAW (as me :unsure: ). But after buying and trying you seem to be left alone with all those problems.

Okay, they have this forum here, but as declared at the beginning "NO SUPPORT !!!".

Seems, that all SE-users have to help themselfs or go and find another DAW with better help or downloadable tutorials and help-files.

Hmmmm, sounds like you guys feel like this guy does...

http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...t=ST&f=1&t=1195

Even after you spend $50.00 you're still considered 3rd class citizens. Of course, look at you both...you want.........manuals? :o You have....dare I say it....Questions? :o:o Did I read you correctly? You want.......SUPPORT? :o:o:o:D:D:D:(:oB)

Hey, you spend the big bucks and prove yourselves, THEN and ONLY THEN will you get some respect. Maybe. :unsure: Well boys, goodnight, and goodluck :(

Glad I haven't spent a dime (and then they wonder why there's "alternatives". Yes, fresh and current ones ;) )

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, so I won't blow my top at you, and this post is really aimed at the Magix team for not coming in here and giving me a reasonable (if any) reply.

However, I spent $50 on a great program. I expect it to at least have a help file that is accurate, not some rush job. If I must have the crap that Magix call a help file then so be it, but what on God's green earth is wrong with being able to purchase a copy of the Samplitude manual? Why should I have to spend an extra $300+ dollars just to get some support?

For a company that makes such a good program, Magix should be ashamed of themselves if they can't offer even a simple manual for it's registered customers (as is supplied with it's boxed cheap applications such as Music Maker).

Rant over.

Sorry.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, so I won't blow my top at you, and this post is really aimed at the Magix team for not coming in here and giving me a reasonable (if any) reply.

Yes, it was completely sarcastic and I think it's totally lousy and irresponsible. As far as support at this forum, I don't think any official Magix people really come here to answer questions, though they certainly read this stuff. There's also other regular users that come here to help out, such as Tekkerue, but he can't help with issues like this.

This is why you will never see Samplitude have sale shares anywhere in the same galaxy as, say, Sonar for example. They believe if they let their code out too freely everyone will steal it. It's a senseless issue, so no sense in belaboring that. A great program? Sure, it's good stuff, but don't believe for one second that after you spend big dollars, you'll get any better treatment. Magix is about turning dollars. Once they have it, you'll get an app from a pompous company that believes they've done all they're required. Know that going in and you should have no problem. If anyone from the inside tries to tell you differently, their full of BS, as I know, but that's for you to decide. Like what you've gotten so far? ;-)

I'm sure you've tried contacting Magix through those earlier emails, if not, see if you can get someone there. One of the frustrating things dealing with companies is that if they don't have an answer or choose to answer, you're left hanging instead of getting at least respect with an "I don't know" or "Sorry, we can't do that - policy".

Maybe try www.synthax.com and you'll get the attention of someone who might know who to direct you to. Since Samplitude SE is a stripped down version, maybe the Samplitude demo comes with a manual of sorts. I'm trying to be encouraging for a change :unsure:

Hi

If you download the Samplitude V8.1 Demo you can use the help file located in the installation folder.

A lot of it relates to Samplitude SE if you miss out all the Pro bits.

The manual with Samplitude SE seems to deal more with Sequoia.

My thread re Midi recording still needs an answer, any one with the same problem keep posting as this is the only way to get some feedback from Magix.

Regards

Brian Cadoret

• 4 weeks later...

Hi-

As Samplitude SE is a new product, and this is a new forum, getting the information to flow will take some patience and perseverence. I imagine that Magix had to leave out a few things in order to entice new users to upgrade to Classic or Professional. $50 is dirt cheap IMHO, for what sounds like a goodly slice of this excellent program.

I've found that by asking questions in a manner as detailed and to the point as possible, that members with more experience than I step forward to answer even the simplest (like dumbest) questions. The main problem for me, as a so-called Advanced member/ user of Samplitude Pro 8.31, is that I don't know how familiar that would make me with SE....but I'll chime in when I think I can help. Din

• 4 weeks later...

Just got Samplitude SE from computermusic magazine in the UK. I'm pretty new to this and am struggling with all the options and settings - I really need the manual.

Can anyone direct me to a copy, or e-mail me a copy?

The software is completely legitimate, don't see why they wouldn't make the manual available...

Thanks

as they said, d load the demo and lift the manual from there. i would like to purchase proffesional, but am struggling with it at the mo!! i've said before, THE MANUAL NEEDS SORTING!!! support is the foundation of a company, at the mo samplitude is a joke in this respect. go look at the SAWstudio site and see the difference.