Sync Recording

Hi

I have just bought Samplitude SE mainly for the VST Instrument midi support as I already have Magix Audio 11 plus which is a fine audio recorder but no internal Midi support.

Any way I am trying to record Midi into Samplitude SE using it as the slave and Audio Studio as master with Midi clock sync.

They both run in sync with each other but Samplitude SE does not go into record when I setup punch in and out markers.

The only way is if I manually hit record or use Samplitude SE as the master which is not what I want to do.

Could some one please try this and see what happens maybe its me or a Samplitude bug.

Thanks

Brian Cadoret

Hi

update to the Midi Sync Recording in Samplitude SE and Samplitude V8

I've tried every possible combination of trying to record Midi data into Samplitude when it is being sync as the slave.....and it don't work!!!

By setting up punch in and punch out markers in Samplitude to record Midi, then starting the master both programs run in sync perfectly but Samplitude SE and V8 Demo refuse to record midi.

No problem when recording audio data but midi tracks are a no no.

I've tried my Cubase VST as master still no go it seems that Samplitude midi recording is a bit shaky.

Any ideas out there or anyone with the same problem.

Thanks again

Brian cadoret

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

- does the play cursor move in slave mode?

- do you have assigned a different MIDI device for the MC and for the input?

Sebastian

Hi

Yes the cursor moves in slave mode and have assigned different midi devices MC and input.

Do you or any one have another DAW/Midi program you could try on and see the results.

Thanks

Brian Cadoret

Could it be that Sampliquoia is one of these "self centred" apps?

I remember years ago trying to slave an MPC60 to Cakewalkwhile recording vocals ..... NoNoNo ...

I ended up having to slave cakewalk to the MPC .... :D

.... but then if that was the case, Sebastian would have said so .... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe it works if you record a dummy audio track parallel to midi?

Hi Frank

Tried recording with dummy audio track still no joy, Samplitude will not record midi punch in/out when slave to other apps.

Can you set up and try problem and see if your results are the same.

Thanks

Brian Cadoret

You know that you cannot mix midi devices for sync/automation and usual MIDI recording? Which MIDI devices do you use btw?

As a workaround, you can bounce/export the audio from AUDIO studio and transfer it to Sam SE - or just try loading the audio studio project in SE, maybe it works for you.

SE offers both AUDIO and MIDI, so it makes sense to do all stuff in SE, unless you don't need the special software synths inside audio studio.

Greetings,

Frank