This Is A Sad Day!

SabreChris

I've been eyeing samp for years as my next sequencer upgrade. I've been playing with the demo and its powerful and very fluid. Unfortunately, there is NO ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTATION! Tutorials? Training? Books? Nothing but a pdf.

In the end its about the music. I can buy samp and screw with the features for years, or get cubase and become a power user in short order.

I have read the same complaint in the main fourm. The only solution is for power users to create "man pages" (short, focused tutorials and HOWTOs). But no one has stepped up! The only solace in this whole thing is that it appears that the German market is just as screwed. Magix needs to clean up their act.

I have read the same complaint in the main fourm. The only solution is for power users to create "man pages" (short, focused tutorials and HOWTOs). But no one has stepped up! The only solace in this whole thing is that it appears that the German market is just as screwed. Magix needs to clean up their act.

If you had read through that entire post of bitching and moaning, you would have seen at least one post saying that a number of the power users are rather busy- either beta testing or doing other work that actually pays. I looked into writing a book and it just wasn't economically feasable. I help when I can, but I need to earn a living.

--Ben

i dont think he was having a go at the power users, more that magix does not provide adequate documentation.

my studio is not connected to the internet, if i want to know how to do something i want to be able to look up the information on a decent help file and documentation. i cant come home, post a question, wait for a reply, go back and carry on, i need it quickly.

from what i see of samp i like, but i know others who have gone the cubase route for this reason. samp has the ability to be the biggest daw out there. sound on sound likened it to nuendo, not sx, nuendo, every sx user wants nuendo but cant afford it, your about £200 more than sx (UK), but wont get there money if they have to relearn working practices with little or no documentation.

i am trying my hardest to find fault with samp so i can stay with sl, but i have personal issues with steinberg, many will not have such a leading and such as documentation can be the swingger in the end.

sorry to intrude

hi,

I don't want to be too hard, but ...

I've been eyeing samp for years as my next sequencer upgrade. I've been playing with the demo and its powerful and very fluid. Unfortunately, there is NO ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTATION! Tutorials? Training? Books? Nothing but a pdf.

In the end its about the music. I can buy samp and screw with the features for years, or get cubase and become a power user in short order.

You make music for what ? for the music and the sound, or the book coming with the soft ?? :D

With Sam, you can record music, mix and great edit, and master you cd, with great sound. I don't think Cubase is a good example to compare with Sam ... make a cd with Cubase ... Fumeur13.gif:unsure:

best regards

Phil